Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy in my gym stopped talking to me because I wear Vibram fivefingers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmao, those look hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      If we were in the same gym and I saw wearing those hideus pieces of crap I would request a sparring session with you and beat you senseless...then when its time to go home i'd wait for you outside the parking lot and beat your ass with no gloves on...i have nothing against you...i just hate those shoes!
      You can't beat me with these shoes on. I'll be to damn fast for you. I'll kick you and punch you.

Comment

I think those shoes would actually be better for doing squats and deadlifts which I like to do. Running shoes are too high in the back of the sole and make the lifts more awkward, as opposed to doing them barefoot which my gym doesn't allow.

Comment

what the hell would you wear somthing like that for in a boxing gym?! i ain't a fan anyway but that's irrelevant- they are no good for boxing, where is the ankle support that boxing boots are meant to have?! that'll have a knock on effect on sapping power that should be transferred from the legs through the body to the punch, unless you have a particular style that benefits from low-top boots, ones which should still be designed as sport-specific.
          does depend on how you spoke to the guy to be honest but he probably just thinks there's no point wasting his breath further...

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            what the hell would you wear somthing like that for in a boxing gym?! i ain't a fan anyway but that's irrelevant- they are no good for boxing, where is the ankle support that boxing boots are meant to have?! that'll have a knock on effect on sapping power that should be transferred from the legs through the body to the punch, unless you have a particular style that benefits from low-top boots, ones which should still be designed as sport-specific.
            does depend on how you spoke to the guy to be honest but he probably just thinks there's no point wasting his breath further...
            It wasn't a boxing gym it was a regular gym.

Comment

I really hate those shoes they look so dorky. I thought for a second they would be for freerunning but no way they wouldn't give you enough cusion they are purely for working out.

Maybe he just doesn't want to hang with someon who would spend stupid money on something that looks stupid and is just for working out in.

I mean Arnie never needed those right?

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                It wasn't a boxing gym it was a regular gym.
                ah, fair play! you are within your rights to ignore me now for being dumb! still, i don't really wanna be known associating with people who advocate webbed-feet wotsits flipper things. unless it's for fancy dress an then i ain't a big fan of that myself either. best of luck to ya mate!

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  ah, fair play! you are within your rights to ignore me now for being dumb! still, i don't really wanna be known associating with people who advocate webbed-feet wotsits flipper things. unless it's for fancy dress an then i ain't a big fan of that myself either. best of luck to ya mate!
                  Haha they are just shoes relax man.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    Haha they are just shoes relax man.
                    they say you can tell a lot about a man from his shoes!
                    nah, only teasing, they're not for me, but whatever, i've heard good things about them too in all honesty.

Comment

Are you sure he didn't stop talking to you because you ask questions in the gym like
                      "Do you shave off your pubic hair?" as you did in the previous thread?

just asking

Comment

Working...
                      X