Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy in my gym stopped talking to me because I wear Vibram fivefingers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
    Warning: These shoes are very addictive . I now own 12 pairs.

Godam son!
    12 pairs?

Comment

• Someone fill me in on why a thread about toeshoes got 14 damn pages of banter. Methinks an argument started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chinch View Post
        Godam son!
        12 pairs?
        Yes 12! You have no idea how much I love these shoes. I even have a pair just for mowing my lawn.

Comment

Yes 12! You have no idea how much I love these shoes. I even have a pair just for mowing my lawn.
          $1,000 worth of toe shoes?
          That's pretty wild!
          Does your girl ever tell you, you have a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chinch View Post
            $1,000 worth of toe shoes?
            That's pretty wild!
            Does your girl ever tell you, you have a problem?
            Everyday. She tells me that I'm worst then a women with all these shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              3 MINUTES OFF YOUR MILE TIME???? Elaborate. Just from those shoes? You went from what to what.
              Life story here:

2008 i started running and biking regularly, jan 2009 i started training for the broad street run, 2009 i did the broad street run (10 miles) in 1 hour 50 mins averaging about 11 mins per mile later that year i did the steam town marathon in scranton in about 5 hours averaging a little less then 12 mins a mile. After the marathon i said **** running, i took off the winter and spent most of 2010 riding my bike and doing at most 6 miles every third weekend over the summer.

last x-mas i got the shoes been doing 2-3 miles tuesday 6 miles wed 2-3 miles thursday 10 miles on saturday and a 3 mile walk on sunday. the 6 and 10 miles are with normal shoes along with the 3 mile walk.

my best 10 mile time since ive gotten the shoes is 1 hour 20 mins 30 mins less then my trained broad street run time 2 years earlier.

when i had first started running again this winter my 10 mile time was over 2 hours so in the last 4-5 months ive dropped it even fruther then 3 mins a mile but i was going from not trained to trained so im sure some of that was placebo.

make your own decision on whether or not its from the shoes...though if i didnt have the shoes i would only be jogging the 2-3 miles not running them, and if i was only jogging the 2-3 miles im sure i wouldn't see the same speed improvements that i have.

Comment

Everyday. She tells me that I'm worst then a women with all these shoes.
                Just wondering, cuz my girl hates on me for buying a pair of Nikes once a month!

Comment

• Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                  I would like to move this question to this page to see if someone can answer it.

I want to know MORE!
                  nah, i wore normal running shoes for the marathon.

to run in the 5 fingers comfortable you really need to be running, you cant jog in them comfortably in my opinion. if i were to run in them for a marathon id have to be averaging 9+ miles an hour and theres no way the average human being is conditioned for that...atleast im not conditioned for that.

the point of the shoes is to improve strength and speed with shorter runs which inturn affect your longer runs which you should still be doing with normal shoes.

really youd be just as well off doing strength training for your legs once a week, and sprint training once a week....or you can get the shoes and do a 2-3 mile run twice a week.

Comment

• That's childish too stop talking too you because of something you choose too wear,those 'shoes' are fucking awful though

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      my name is at the top of my posts like everybody elses

perhaps i'm wrong and i apologize
                      but i seem to remember threads (older threads) of yours that were brough back up to the top of the board and they were very racist
                      like, blatantly racist
                      not the beating around the bush **** you hear in nsb
                      the legit troll racist **** you hear in the lounge
                      the blatant stuff
                      the gross stuff

the only one i could find in a brief search was a thread about "Crackers"
                      playing on words
                      but obviously degrading white people and showing hatred

if im wrong i'm sorry
                      but if i'm not

i wouldn't worry about somebody hating on your shoes
                      that sort of hate is petty compared some other sorts of hate

anybody care to confirm?
                      i spend as little time in the lounge as possible
                      this place just reeks of sad little men posting from dark rooms with the blinds drawn
                      What does this have to do with the thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X