Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some Christians not follow the Bible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um cuz God said the 7th day in the Bible. duh! And if you believe the Bible then it's pretty clear.
    my week starts on monday. i get up and go to work on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      That's what I'm trying to get at with this kid...
      This kid talks about what is mentioned in the bible. What about those not mentioned in the bible are they not included in the reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        my week starts on monday. i get up and go to work on monday.
        there you go TS. and why is Sunday part of "weekend days" if Sunday is not the last day of the week?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
          there you go TS. and why is Sunday part of "weekend days" if Sunday is not the last day of the week?
          LOL You aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with God now. In black and white it says God rested on the seventh day. Jesus was a Jew, the Jews worship on Saturday. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            LOL You aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with God now. In black and white it says God rested on the seventh day. Jesus was a Jew, the Jews worship on Saturday. Simple.
            Show me a phrase in the bible that says the seventh day is Saturday coz ur a bible freak. I wanna see the word "Saturday" ok?

Comment

Are you done searching for the word Saturday in your King James Bible? lol.

Comment

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished

the point of this whole message is to mock the law, hes saying that untill everything is accomplished he will bring the absurdities of the law to light how the semantics of the law arnt for doing good but for limiting what you really have to do. like with the sabath you are not to do anything but he says that if you neighbors donkey falls in a hole you would help it out and how even the sabbath guards that stood duty on the sabath were really breaking the sabbath law, hence the multiple times he defies the law of the sabbath while speaking of how david steals grain to feed his men showing how laws were also defied in the old testimate, he brings to lite the idea let he who has not sinned throw the first stone showing how they them selfs were adulterers, theres all kinds of times in the new testimate that he looks at the absurd laws and brings the absurdidty to light and by following the laws to the T he does this.

and with his death everything was accomplished he brought to light the hipocitic ways of the people who warped the law into their own favor the praisersies and what not. fulfilling that of the old covenant and bringing that of the new covenant the new testimate. this day is called the lords day and we have our communal gatherings on this day as a memorial for the resurrection of Christ.

as far as sabbath all that really matters is that you have a day of rest and you keep it holy some Christians have their sabbath on Sunday and some on Saturday.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished

the point of this whole message is to mock the law, hes saying that untill everything is accomplished he will bring the absurdities of the law to light how the semantics of the law arnt for doing good but for limiting what you really have to do. like with the sabath you are not to do anything but he says that if you neighbors donkey falls in a hole you would help it out and how even the sabbath guards that stood duty on the sabath were really breaking the sabbath law, hence the multiple times he defies the law of the sabbath while speaking of how david steals grain to feed his men, he brings to lite the idea let he who has not sinned throw the first stone showing how they them selfs were adulterers, theres all kinds of time in the new testimate that he looks at the absurd laws and brings the absurdidty to light and by following the laws to the T he does this.

and with his death everything was accomplished he brought to light the hipocitic ways of the people who warped the law into their own favor the praisersies and what not. fulfilling that of the old covenant and bringing that of the new covenant the new testimate. this day is called the lards day and we have our communal gatherings on this day as a memorial for the resurrection of Christ.

as far as sabbath all that really matters is that you have a day of rest and you keep it holy some Christians have their sabbath on Sunday and some on Saturday.
                  this guy knows what he is talking about. good job in enlightening this Bible freak. I think he is still searching for the word "Saturday" in his King James Bible. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    god rested on the 7th day....are we god? where does it say everyone must rest on the 7th day? ive showed you where it says the Israelites must rest on the 7th day now where does it say every one must or are Christians Israelites?

every little itsy bitsy detail can be argued theres soo much like we can go on for hours about whether Saturday is the seventh day or Sunday is the seventh day when theres sooo much more to why we go to church on sundays as well as soooo sooooo much more about the reverence of the new testimate compared to the old and why the new testimate is looked at the way it is compared to the old.

if all you want to do is argue the semantics of what the 7th day means then enjoy your argument.

Comment

the point of this whole message is to mock the law, hes saying that untill everything is accomplished he will bring the absurdities of the law to light how the semantics of the law arnt for doing good but for limiting what you really have to do. like with the sabath you are not to do anything but he says that if you neighbors donkey falls in a hole you would help it out and how even the sabbath guards that stood duty on the sabath were really breaking the sabbath law, hence the multiple times he defies the law of the sabbath while speaking of how david steals grain to feed his men showing how laws were also defied in the old testimate, he brings to lite the idea let he who has not sinned throw the first stone showing how they them selfs were adulterers, theres all kinds of times in the new testimate that he looks at the absurd laws and brings the absurdidty to light and by following the laws to the T he does this.

and with his death everything was accomplished he brought to light the hipocitic ways of the people who warped the law into their own favor the praisersies and what not. fulfilling that of the old covenant and bringing that of the new covenant the new testimate. this day is called the lords day and we have our communal gatherings on this day as a memorial for the resurrection of Christ.

Sounds like Jesus said the old laws are still in effect to me. I don't know how you got that out of that scripture.

Comment

Working...
                      X