Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is intelligence good or bad for the human race?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    intelligence is great for the human race, it's greed and what we do with that knowledge that's the problem............Rockin'
    bump.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
      real intelligence does not create those issues, only ignorance, and other competing forces.

Real knowledge would overcome those issues.
      Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Three words, Conflict-of-Interest.

What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.
      True....and True

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
        Give me Government Monopoly over any >>> Private or any kind of other Monopoly.

If I have to choose, and we do.

Government has a bad connotation to it, especially if the worst examples are used, such as Regimes with Dictators. But we don't have that, not even close.

I know A lot of Americans who like to thinks so, that we live in Tyranny right now, but they're full of **** overreaction-aries.
        What I'd like is for them to get off their Cell-phones, their comfortable computer Chair & Internet where they can spout off at any time, or any other expensive Gadget. And go visit some real tyrannical, one-party state Monopoly Nations. Then come back and talk to me.

Or go visit areas in the world without any single Monopoly Government control, and just pure Civil War, Ethnic War chaos (Do I need to spell out the specific countries I have in mind). And then come talk to me about wanting a Government Free America.

EDIT:

With so many conflicts of interest in the world (Racially or Ethnically motivated), you need some sort of Mediator to keep things in check. If it has to be Government, then so be it. You can keep focusing on Bad Government, the bad aspects of it. But I'll focus on Good Government, and the Positive
        I focus on reality. You want the same group of people who have a monopoly on violence (what type of people does government attract by it's very nature, and has attracted for thousands of years?) to some how be benevolent, fair, and caring. This is not logical or real. You then want this same mysterious group of power hungry yet benevolent and fair people to have business monopolies (enforced with violence) over a number of things but have no other type of competing corporations to have influence or relationships with these leaders. You want to say my ideas are crazy and impossible?

At it's root you believe violence not only solves some problems, but that initiating it against people who want nothing to do with you is not only a positive idea but necessary for civilization. I do not accept this idea. Period.

If you want to believe this fine, but don't pretend it's not what you believe.

Comment

Probably better overall for the human race than the planet or the species we exploit. We have an ever increasing population that is becoming increasingly difficult to feed. We have created nuclear bombs that can destroy the planet many times over, but refuse to build a defense shield that would render them useless. Ultimately, we tend to be destructive to ourselves and our planet.

On a side note, I find it rather amusing that everyone I know that is completely anti-corporation, blindly supports the largest corporation on earth, the US government. And they scream about the salaries of CEOs (of companies that employ thousands of employees and provide goods and services to the rest of us,) but don't seem to have a problem with athletes, actors, comedians, etc making 10s of millions each per year (that don't produce anything besides mindless entertainment.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I focus on reality. You want the same group of people who have a monopoly on violence (what type of people does government attract by it's very nature, and has attracted for thousands of years?) to some how be benevolent, fair, and caring. This is not logical or real. You then want this same mysterious group of power hungry yet benevolent and fair people to have business monopolies (enforced with violence) over a number of things but have no other type of competing corporations to have influence or relationships with these leaders. You want to say my ideas are crazy and impossible?

At it's root you believe violence not only solves some problems, but that initiating it against people who want nothing to do with you is not only a positive idea but necessary for civilization. I do not accept this idea. Period.

If you want to believe this fine, but don't pretend it's not what you believe.
            Government-esque is unavoidable, that's reality. The question is, what kind of Government. There is plenty of positives in a Government like the U.S. has right now, if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Civil Rights, WOmen's rights. Nobody gave up their black Slaves voluntarily, it took Government intervention (someone doing the right thing) to get the ball rolling, and outlawing Slavery. This is what needs to be done to build & preserve a Modern, Civil Society with Industries, Technology, Capitalism in place. << Something which you said, you would want to have even in your Lawless, Stateless, Government-Free World.

We can break up all things Government as we know it tomorrow, the way you would want. But it still wouldn't stop somebody from forming a Regime and start taking over land and becoming a Dictator. Or a whole bunch of would-be Dictators fighting for Supremacy.

As I said, since Government isn't going anywhere, anytime soon in the Real World, you keep focusing on every bad aspect of Government presently, and I'm gonna focus on the Positive, which there is plenty off. And build from there.
            Last edited by cupocity303; 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X