No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
    Why do people act all surprise how Danny went mad? She always had this thirst for blood and revenge but Tyrion, Varys, Mormont, And Missandei r able to reason with her. Add the fact that she lost a dragon, her bestie murdered, and knowing that Jon is a threat to iron thrones. She doesn’t have any advisors at this point.

Props to Sansa starting off another Game of thrones by throwing Jon’s name to Tyrion knowing he’ll run into Varys creating another GOT scenario. She learned a lot from little finger
    yes she always shown violence and cruelty to her enemies and to bad people, but against innocent civilians??? women and children????? it's completely out of character for her to show this same cruelty and violence towards innocent people. isn't she the breaker of chains, the protector and champion for the common people???? she had an opportunity to take out all of her anger and rage by killing cersei, but instead she spent the entire episode scorching and killing innocent people while cersei was getting away. makes noooooooooo sense!! hahahahahahahahahah complete 100% farce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Idk I never read the books but I think I'll give em a shot once the shows over

There also will be a Got prequel, it's been confirmed. Naomi watts will star in it
      ive only read the first one so far.. even though its pretty much step for step as the show right now its still fun to read

no GOt show will live up to the first 5 seasons without following grrm's words and detailed books. The writers just arent smart enough. and thousands of years ago just sounds wack
      Last edited by HanzGruber; 05-13-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Plus
        Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        yes she always shown violence and cruelty to her enemies and to bad people, but against innocent civilians??? women and children????? it's completely out of character for her to show this same cruelty and violence towards innocent people. isn't she the breaker of chains, the protector and champion for the common people???? she had an opportunity to take out all of her anger and rage by killing cersei, but instead she spent the entire episode scorching and killing innocent people while cersei was getting away. makes noooooooooo sense!! hahahahahahahahahah complete 100% farce.

True she never killed innocent civilians but we gotta remember Danny has always said she wanted to storm King’s Landing but Varys and Tyrion reason with her. They said that storming King’s landing will not earn her the admiration and love of the people. She chose to storm King’s Landing anyway and pretty much said F@ck it they hate me anyway so might as well rule with fear since she’s been told time and time again she’ll never be as loved and admired as Jon Snow. Plus she found out people in her own circle are plotting against her. Would she still want to rule by being most loved?

But yea I few episode could have done the trick to further explain her transition
        Last edited by flipbjefrox; 05-13-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• That episode was complete garbage from a story point of view.

Golden Company were completely wasted, just fodder.

'Battle' was garbage, So Dany can ambush like 50 bolt throwers without them even taking a shot.... Garbage.

Jaime should have used his powers of teleportation to get to safety (he teleported into King's Landing)

Hound/Arya and Hound/Mountain were only good bits.

Big disappointment. Ironfleet was useless as was Varys. Rushed and wasted.

Tyrion, Varys and Jaimie acting completely out of character. Jaime's whole arc ended up being completely pointless.

Bah Humbug

Comment

• I gotta admit man just a couple weeks ago i was one of the few ppl still defending this show after the first 3 eps, being optimistic about it, but I have come to my senses now.

It really does seem as tho the writers literally stopped caring about this story.

Arya was one of my fav characters but now she kind of annoying, how tf does she survive that?? I guess her assassin training taught her lil ass how to be fire proof too? smh, then a horse conveniently survives the whole thing as well at the end of the episode abd Arya rides off lookin like a hero again smh.

Jaime pulled a fúckboy move on Brienne, I don't get what rhe point of all of that was if he was just going to legit reunite with Cersei, I thought for sure he was gonna kill her smh. his whole character redemption was pointless and a waste of screen time now.

Did they forget about Bronn?? lol wtf

Tyrion dry snitching on Varys???

Tyrion was THEE best character on this show Imo for a long time and he has been reduced to a lil bítch boy smdh.

This last episode coming up I don't even care about..

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              HBO and GRRM actually wanted more seasons. But D&D wanted to move on to other projects. They got a star wars gig after this. And i know some say GRRM should have released the new books sooner and we could all agree he should have by now, but they really didn't run out of book material.

GRRM said himself the last two books could have been 3 seasons. They chose to cut the books off. 95% of the the last two books is completely different from the show. So many characters and sub plots not in the show and a lot of characters have completely different story arcs. And the 5% that's the same in the books how it got to that point is completely different.

For example Jon dies in the show also happened in the books but the situation and events that's transpired to it are different.

Thats why i saw some defending this episode saying it gonna be the same in the books GRRM told them the ending. The Dany mad queen theory is nothing new people have been speculating that as a possibility for the longest. But the journey and story of how it got there will be more important. It will be more in depth and will be nothing like the show just like the events with Jons death are different.
              I did read about that, GRRM wanting more seasons. He probably genuinely wants it because of creative reasons, wanting to see the characters flesh out more.

I know HBO def would prefer GoT to go on for 20 seasons, due to the $ubs they bring. With no more boxing, I don't see why I will keep HBO after GoT ends, until the GoT spin-offs start.

Comment

• That was absolutely s.hit.

Genuinely shouldn’t have let that air. Don’t care how they spent and how long it took.

Sheesh.

Comment

• Comment

• What a way to ruin Dany & Jaime's character arc

I didn't even like Dany but her character assassination made me feel sorry for her. 7 seasons of character development all out the window in 20 mins. They could have fleshed out her downfall to insanity properly in more episodes but instead they bumrushed it. Her irritation to the bells was not even justified for her to slaughter the innocents, i mean they could've put the killing of the dragon from last episode to this episode and it would made much more sense.

Jaime *sigh* should've been dead after that 2 kidney shots. But no, he found Cersei as if it was nothing

Arya shouldnt be there in KL. Jon couldve filled her role with innocents.

Comment

• Very disappointing season.

Even if the writers wanted to end it on season 8, why couldn't we get full 10 episodes for seasons 7 and 8 that could have fleshed the ending out, and character arcs could have been handled much fucking better.

Who even knows if the books will ever be completed? Such a great build up over the years for it to be rushed into a mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X