No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Why is Jon leaving the nights watch not being seen as a big deal? Do the other houses know he died? Will they even believe him? They would just arrest or take him on captive on the spot. There are serious consequences when you leave, as in death.
    Exactly.

If he is seen as being out of the nights watch, they'd ask why? He'd tell them of what happened and people would literally lose their ****.

It seems as though people aren't even aware of what happened at all.

Comment

• Where's Melisandre now? She left with Davos, Jon, Sansa, and Tormund. I figured she might be of help recruiting houses.

Comment

• Originally posted by horge View Post
        Seawater = full of parasites, so no.
        Harbor water = utter filth, so fuck no.

Dramatic acting aside, I was impressed with Rory McCann's
        axe-work. Pretty accurate, precise cuts (even when he was
        obviously tired from multiple takes --the difference is a bit
        perceptible between one take and another).

Maybe splitting logs is more dramatic for the camera, but
        cutting up timber efficiently with an axe takes a fair bit
        of skill/practice, and McCann clearly made time to get it.

Serious respect to the actor for putting the work in, to make
        it all work better on-screen.

I read that sea water was great for wounds. Basically a massive tub of saline solution which cleans and kills infection.

Harbor water could be different to be fair, though she was very close to the titan of bravos, so pretty close to the open ocean

Comment

• Syrio in the background???? Good call on him possibly still being alive. New images of Sunday's episodes are out. A new red priestess as well

Last edited by hhs661; 06-09-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Having Syrio Forel still be alive would be awesome.

Comment

• What does Syrio say to death? "Not today".

True story, 1st season. He's Azor Azhai's cousin.

The last bit is a lie but nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I know, it's highly likely he died. But even GoT wikia has his status as "uncertain", just like The Hound was. Remember The Hound's amusing reaction to Arya telling him Meryn Trant killed him

Copied and pasted from IMDB:

Remember how swiftly and slick Syrio moved too, I was rewatching that scene on youtube and remember there were 4-5 guys on the ground with swords, that Syrio knocked out with his wooden sword. GoT writers could spin the scenario in that the greatest swordsman who ever lived got one of those swords on the ground, easily. Why didn't he kill Meryn Trant? Syrio didn't run, so why is Meryn Trant alive? Well, they fought, Syrio knocked off Trant's sword and mercifully told him to leave and Trant took the offer and left. Therefore Syrio didn't run anyway, but neither of them died. I know it seems farfetched, but you have to admit, the scenario I came up with is easily doable
                Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Since The Hound is back, maybe GoT will bring back another guy who's death is uncertain, Syrio Forel. We never saw him die, we just last saw him fighting in a very unwinnable fight. Even though the guy he was last fighting came back in season 2, and he didn't, that doesn't exactly confirm Syrio died in that fight. The logic is, if a Bravosi never runs, and the guy he fought had armor and a sword and was seen again but Syrio wasn't, then that means Syrio died, cause he didn't run and he was unarmed. But it's ****ing GoT, if they don't show you dying, you could still come back
                ****ing called it!!!!

Comment

• https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...095724%2F&_rdr

Comment

• Trailer for next week has me hype.

I thought this was a very good episode.

Comment

• Gotta say it before it's too late, if GRRM takes the easy way out.... WAR Boltons!

Comment

Working...
                      X