No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Absolutely does it justice. Books are books and film is film though, they can never be the same but HBO has done a phenomenal job. Sure, some hiccups here and there and some stuff naturally has been cut out (there is a MASSIVE amount of content in the books) but overall they stayed true.

What's weird though is the show has surpassed the books with this season so a lot of book readers are upset the show is spoiling the books but GRRM takes forever to write so it is what it is (I personally believe he's in over his head and will never finish). I always tell people just treat the show and the books as two separate en****** and that way you won't get hung up about how this detail is different or this character should have said/done this or whatever. The show is awesome. The books are awesome. That's it.
    It was decent the way he came back but I'll be honest, I expected it to be different.

I thought they'd lay him on the wood to burn and then he'd come back as Azor Ahai whilst in the fire kind of like Daenarys in a way. Targs have the ability to withstand heat better than regular folk.

I just saw the preview for episode 3, IT'S GOING TO BE NEXT LEVEL.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      It was decent the way he came back but I'll be honest, I expected it to be different.

I thought they'd lay him on the wood to burn and then he'd come back as Azor Ahai whilst in the fire kind of like Daenarys in a way. Targs have the ability to withstand heat better than regular folk.

I just saw the preview for episode 3, IT'S GOING TO BE NEXT LEVEL.
      But we've seen Jon burned before; he isn't the unburnt.

That's not true about Targaryens. They are not immune to fire or can withstand it better. From GRRM himself: "Thanks for asking. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold."
      Last edited by ИATAS; 05-02-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• In the preview for episode three, a dude showed up to Ramsay and said I've got a gift for you. What are some thoughts and opinions on what the gift could be? Is it Rickon Stark, Stannis Baratheon? I don't think its Theon because trailers showed him at the iron islands.
        Last edited by Enayze; 05-02-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• It's interesting that with what is going on in the North, the King's Landing storyline seems so irrelevant in comparison. Especially the stuff on Dorne. I hope they put little focus on that this year unless they tie in Arya as an assassin.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            So if Rhagaer Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon's parents then that makes Daenerys* and Jon related? And what about the rumor that the mad king raped or had sex with Joanna Lannister and that's Tyrion's real dad?

Yes. Rhaeger was the older brother of Daenerys (and Viserys), so if he's Jon's dad obviously they are related.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 05-02-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Possible spoiler for non book readers ahead

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Yes. Rhaeger was the older brother of Daenerys (and Viserys), so if he's Jon's dad obviously they are related.
              Okay, I thought you were completely rejecting even Daenyrys and Jon being related, that's why I asked.

I'm guessing you read the book, so you don't think there's any correlation with the way Jon, D, and Tyrion were conceived? They were just coincidences? Also, you don't think the TV show kinda hides the theory of Tyrion being a Targ by not showing his real hair color, which was described pretty much like Daenerys and her brother's hair to a T in the book? (pale blonde hair).

Comment

• Bad season to be a westerosi lord right?

Doran Martell
                Roose Bolton
                Balon Greyjoy

Already butchered by their own families and we are only 2 eps in

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Okay, I thought you were completely rejecting even Daenyrys and Jon being related, that's why I asked.

I'm guessing you read the book, so you don't think there's any correlation with the way Jon, D, and Tyrion were conceived? They were just coincidences? Also, you don't think the TV show kinda hides the theory of Tyrion being a Targ by not showing his real hair color, which was described pretty much like Daenerys and her brother's hair to a T in the book? (pale blonde hair).
                  I don't think Tyrion is a Targ, no. His mother and father were equals, they truly loved each other more than anything. If she was raped, Tywin Lannister would have killed the king, that's how much he loved her and why he hates Tyrion because she died while giving birth to him, so he blames Tyrion for her death (as does Cersei). Tyrion is also nearly a carbon copy of his father, besides being a dwarf obviously. Everyone wanted Jamie to be like his father but he never was, never had it in him, it was Tyrion who had all the characteristics of his father. This noted by numerous people in the books.

As for his hair, all the Lannisters in the TV show have darker hair then in the books. It's supposed to be pure golden blonde almost white, but in the show Tyrion, Jamie and Cersei all have dirty blonde hair. The show doesn't stay true here. While yes, Tyrions hair is different than the rest in the books, as well as having mismatching eyes, I think this is more of a representation of his ugliness (he's far more ugly in the books than in the show).

Also, we know from the books you don't have to be a Targaryen to be a dragon rider. The original Dragon masters were Valyrian, and the Targaryens were just a minor house in Valyria, one of many many houses/families. They just so happen to be the only ones who survived The Doom since they moved beforehand due to a family prophecy. But Targaryens aren't the only ones that can handle dragons, presumably anyone can given they understand the beasts (and Tyrion was obsessed about dragons as a child, read everything he could about them which explains how he was able to "talk" to them).

I also don't think there needs to be all of these secret Targaryens. I think it's unnecessary and Jon is the only one and that's because he's half stark as well (fire and ice).

Lastly, mothers dying during childbirth was quite common back then, GRRM talks about this so there isn't a connection between the three just because they have mothers who died during labor. Very common.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 05-02-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Jesus Snow has returned

Olly better watch his back

i hope Jesus Snow pulls a Ramsey and has Ghost eat that lil ****

Comment

• A little disappointed in Mel.

Usually when she doin' some magic, she gets butt nekkit or at least shows them t!tties. Not this time though. Wth?

So...are we gonna see a bastard vs bastard show down?

Comment

Working...
                      X