• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
    Ian McShane cast in game of thrones

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/01...es-ian-mcshane
    For real?!

Awesome if true. I hope he is the Crows Eye, although is he too old?

Comment

• ****suckers in Kings Landing wont know whats hit em

Comment

• Is Ian McShane playing who I think we may be playing

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          For real?!

Awesome if true. I hope he is the Crows Eye, although is he too old?
          ian's in his 70's so he looks fantastic for his age, but i think he might be too old. Euron seems to be a meaty role this season, and Ian is in for a small role of great importance. Tarly would be my guess, but I'm not 100 on that.

Comment

• they say it's only small role, might be Howland Reed?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              they say it's only small role, might be Howland Reed?
              Howland Reed is supposed to be a pretty small person, so I don't think it would be him.

My guess is Lord Tarly (Sam's dad). Significant in the storyline, but not going to get ton of TV time. Makes perfect sense because remember Sam was sent away from the wall by Jon and he's gonna meet up with his pops.

Lord Tarly is all around badass, unlike his son, he's known as one of the greatest battle commanders in Westeros. This actor knows how to play a badass so it's really good fit.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 08-01-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Howland Reed is supposed to be a pretty small person, so I don't think it would be him.

My guess is Lord Tarly (Sam's dad). Significant in the storyline, but not going to get ton of TV time. Makes perfect sense because remember Sam was sent away from the wall by Jon and he's gonna meet up with his pops.

Lord Tarly is all around badass, unlike his son, he's known as one of the greatest battle commanders in Westeros. This actor knows how to play a badass so it's really good fit.
                Ian is too old to play Tarly IMO. He's also too old to play Euron, which has a very prominent role in the story.

maybe it's Maester Marwyn

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  Ian is too old to play Tarly IMO. He's also too old to play Euron, which has a very prominent role in the story.

maybe it's Maester Marwyn
                  Why is he too old for Tarly? He's fine to play Sam's dad. The actor could pass for early/mid 60s that's absolutely fine for the role. Everyone in the show is a little older than the books anyways.

Just looking at him he could pass for Sam's father, easy

Found this online:
                  He looks good for his age but the Euron casting call says "man in his 40’s to late 50’s", while the presumptive Tarly one says "Aged 50’s to 60’s".

But yeah I agree definitely too old for Euron. I don't think they'd use Ian McShane for a character like Maester Marwyn, he has this cool bit of a badass vibe about him, like in Deadwood he was awesome.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 08-02-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Yeah Tarly makes a lot more sense.

My brain went straight to Euron because of his goatee/ beard and because of his role in Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      Why is he too old for Tarly? He's fine to play Sam's dad. The actor could pass for early/mid 60s that's absolutely fine for the role. Everyone in the show is a little older than the books anyways.

Just looking at him he could pass for Sam's father, easy

Found this online:
                      He looks good for his age but the Euron casting call says "man in his 40***8217;s to late 50***8217;s", while the presumptive Tarly one says "Aged 50***8217;s to 60***8217;s".

But yeah I agree definitely too old for Euron. I don't think they'd use Ian McShane for a character like Maester Marwyn, he has this cool bit of a badass vibe about him, like in Deadwood he was awesome.
                      Ian is about 70 yrs old, right? those were the only plausible ones that they can give to him. But i think he fits a Northern Lord look and it's about time for some badass Northerner to make an appearance

Comment

Working...
                      X