Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    So...who got that baddest army so far?

I know the Unsullied are probably the best trained but I don't think they have enough soldiers. But then again, she got them dragons.

The Wildlings got heads but they're kinda like barbarians with weak weapons.

Is there anything in the book that describes this kinda stuff in detail?
    The Lannisters/Tyrells have the best army by far. Altogether, they have about half of Westeros on their side, the best equipment, the best fighters, it's really not even close. Not sure about numbers, but it's a lot. Total control at this point.

The Unsullied are probably the best troops, but there are a lot less of them. I don't know if the numbers are the same in the show, but it's like 10k in the books. That's why Dany wouldn't stand much a chance coming to Westeros unless other Houses in Westeros stood by her side.

Wildlings have the most numbers, something like 100k, but that's all they have. They are capable of beating the soldiers at the Wall based off sheer numbers, but that's the only reason. They'll get beat down by any of the other armies.

The Ironborn haven't been talked about much this season, but they still hold a lot of the North. They aren't much in the way of manpower, but they will kick anyone's ass at sea.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      The Lannisters/Tyrells have the best army by far. Altogether, they have about half of Westeros on their side, the best equipment, the best fighters, it's really not even close. Not sure about numbers, but it's a lot. Total control at this point.

The Unsullied are probably the best troops, but there are a lot less of them. I don't know if the numbers are the same in the show, but it's like 10k in the books. That's why Dany wouldn't stand much a chance coming to Westeros unless other Houses in Westeros stood by her side.

Wildlings have the most numbers, something like 100k, but that's all they have. They are capable of beating the soldiers at the Wall based off sheer numbers, but that's the only reason. They'll get beat down by any of the other armies.

The Ironborn haven't been talked about much this season, but they still hold a lot of the North. They aren't much in the way of manpower, but they will kick anyone's ass at sea.
      Bojangles droppin knowledge.

Thanks bro

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Bojangles droppin knowledge.

Thanks bro
        I'm a total geek for this. They're my favorite books, and I'm rereading the third book right now, so a lot of the logistics are fresh in my head. I'm about to get to the Red Wedding. Think I might skip that.

I know the Game of Thrones group isn't very active, so I'll go ahead and tell those who have read all the books that I posted a new topic there. People who love to talk the books in this thread should be doing so there.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-25-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

They made Stannis way too weak-willed and too much a puppet for Melisandre. He's all full in for the Lord of Light and ****. In the books he was always putting Melisandre in her place and only used the religion because all his soldiers believed in it, but never believed it himself. It was a tool. He also hasn't gotten most of his best lines.
          I have only read the first book but I think Stannis is one of my preferred actors in the show. I don't see him as weak willed at all but more of a stubborn and proud man that has been swayed to the Lord of Light by what he believes are miracles.

Comment

• Didn't Stannis destroy the Ironborn at sea during the rebellion?

Were is this group? btw?

On the armies.. Tyrells have the most people

And Lannisters followed by the Tyrells are the two richest families..

Daneryas wouldn't do a thing with her current army it's to small.. just like her dragons..

Stannis has a decent size army.. but is running out of food and gold..

There is one army which has stayed completely out of the wars which is is Lysa Tully/Eyrie and are untouched so far.. which would put them in a good position if they wanted to make a move

But things change and before the end i can see the throne changing hand multiple times..

Comment

I'm a total geek for this. They're my favorite books, and I'm rereading the third book right now, so a lot of the logistics are fresh in my head. I'm about to get to the Red Wedding. Think I might skip that.

I know the Game of Thrones group isn't very active, so I'll go ahead and tell those who have read all the books that I posted a new topic there. People who love to talk the books in this thread should be doing so there.

I'm curious about your theories ... so I posted a few questions in your new topic Ser Bojangles

Comment

Stannis disagrees....

Stannis TKO'd an ironborn fleet during Robert's rebellion.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Barca Slayer View Post
                    Stannis disagrees....

Stannis TKO'd an ironborn fleet during Robert's rebellion.
                    That was then. This is now.

Comment

That was then. This is now.
                      Stannis is still OG. A great commander. One of the best. Just wait until he gets to the wall. You will see what a badass he is (if HBO don't mess it up).

Comment

Working...
                      X