Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    What do you mean by the iron bank?
    Tyrion explained it in an episode last season. Basically said they have the power to arm their enemies and take back whatever is owed to them if they don't pay them back...Or something like that

Comment

• I didn't even think of Stannis til now. His light queen ***** did do that leech thing that had Robb Stark, Joffrey and I can't remember who else.. Interesting. I'm still rolling with OG Granny.. They way they've set things up from the jump has me leaning towards them. Little Finger would be a small surprise to me. Then again, he did have true and genuine feelings for Lady Stark so who really knows.

I'm ready for the next episode.

Comment

• Iron bank..

It's the bank from across the sea that helped fund the kingdom with loans,, but now they have come to collect....

Comment

• I reckon it was tywin lannister

With the brat out the way that quiet little kid will be king and tywin can basically rule things his way

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I reckon it was tywin lannister

With the brat out the way that quiet little kid will be king and tywin can basically rule things his way
            I doubt it. No man has any power over Tywin, not even full grown Kings. Tywin is the lion, King of all he sees and is possibly the single most powerful, most ruthless and wealthiest man in the entire game of thrones world.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-16-2014, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              What do you mean by the iron bank?
              The Iron Bank of Braavos.

They're the richest and most powerful bank around, more so than all the others combined. Put it this way, if the Lannisters fail to pay their debts (ironic isn't it) then the Iron Bank will have no issue supporting a new King or Queen who will pay their debts.

The Iron Bank will have its due

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                The Iron Bank of Braavos.

They're the richest and most powerful bank around, more so than all the others combined. Put it this way, if the Lannisters fail to pay their debts (ironic isn't it) then the Iron Bank will have no issue supporting a new King or Queen who will pay their debts.

The Iron Bank will have its due
                Ok the richest most powerful man in the 7 kingdoms

(didn't read the books)
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-16-2014, 04:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                  I didn't even think of Stannis til now. His light queen ***** did do that leech thing that had Robb Stark, Joffrey and I can't remember who else.. Interesting. I'm still rolling with OG Granny.. They way they've set things up from the jump has me leaning towards them. Little Finger would be a small surprise to me. Then again, he did have true and genuine feelings for Lady Stark so who really knows.

I'm ready for the next episode.
                  Balon Greyjoy

Comment

• The Iron Bank

Tyrion: For years I've heard Littlefinger is a magician. Whenever the crown needs money, he rubs his hands together and poof, mountains of gold.

Bronn: Let me guess, he's not a magician.

Tyrion: No.

Bronn: He's stealin it?

Tyrion: Worse, he's borrowing it.

Bronn: Whats wrong with that?

Tyrion: We can't afford to pay it back, that's what's wrong with it; the crown owes millions to my father.

Bronn: Seeing as it's his grandson's ass on the throne, I imagine he'll forgive that debt...

Tyrion: Forgive a debt? My father? For a man of the world you're strangely naive.

Bronn: I've never borrowed money before, I'm not clear on the rules.

Tyrion: Well...the basic principle is, I lend you money, and after an agreed upon period of time, you return it, with interest.

Bronn: And what if I don't?

Tyrion: Well you have to.

Bronn: But what if I don't?

Tyrion: This is why I don't lend you money. Anyway, it's not my father I'm worried about. It's the Iron Bank of Braavos. We owe them tens of millions. If we fail to repay these loans, the bank will fund our enemies. One way or another, they always get their gold back.

Game of Thrones S03E03: Walk of Punishment

Comment

• at this point, it was obviously granny and little finger.

Comment

Working...
                      X