Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer looked awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Apparently that "Tell them I'm here" guy is "The Red Viper". Any book reader, how badass is this guy on a scale of 1-10(without spoilers please)?
      A 9 IMO.

If they do him any justice, he'll be an immediate fan favorite.

Comment

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Apparently that "Tell them I'm here" guy is "The Red Viper". Any book reader, how badass is this guy on a scale of 1-10(without spoilers please)?
        you're looking at one of the baddest mofo of the series, books or TV

Comment

11/10. Like an NSB troll that could slaughter you in five seconds. This show better not mess him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            New trailer for Season 4.

So many spoilers, aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Can't wait. This season really should have something amazing happen ever week. So much ground to cover.
            Last edited by bojangles1987; 01-13-2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Watching the trailer and pausing throughout, there is definitely material from book 5 in this season, and they've already said they're putting stuff from book 4 in this season. No way this show wastes two seasons on books 4 and 5, which is a great decision. The show will probably finish the series before Martin does.

Comment

• Do not read the comments on Youtube, fuck sake!

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Watching the trailer and pausing throughout, there is definitely material from book 5 in this season, and they've already said they're putting stuff from book 4 in this season. No way this show wastes two seasons on books 4 and 5, which is a great decision. The show will probably finish the series before Martin does.
                  I remember reading an article about this very subject. The directors of the show said they wanted AT LEAST 9 seasons without having to take a hiatus because of waiting for a new book. Didn't season 1 cover all of book one and then seasons 2 and 3 cut things in half? I fully expect the series to stretch things alllll the way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Do not read the comments on Youtube, fuck sake!

Same with IMDB message boards. Spoilers all over the place from the books

Ive now decided to read the books, most of the way through the first one and its pretty ****in good. Im impressed with how well they stayed true to the book in the first series as well. Its rare for that to happen

Comment

I remember reading an article about this very subject. The directors of the show said they wanted AT LEAST 9 seasons without having to take a hiatus because of waiting for a new book. Didn't season 1 cover all of book one and then seasons 2 and 3 cut things in half? I fully expect the series to stretch things alllll the way out.
                      Season 2 was all of book 2, book 3 got cut in half for seasons 3 and 4, which is understandable since it's massive and so much happens.

We'll see what happens. It would hurt the show too much to stretch books 4 and 5 into their own seasons, which they seem to understand since material from them will be in this season. They may get into book 6 which isn't even out yet, by season 5.

If they split books 6 and 7 into two seasons each, that's 4 more seasons after this. If they merge books 4 and 5 into one season, which they probably will and definitely should, that would make 9 seasons. That would leave Martin 5 years to finish the books. Thing is, will books 6 and 7 be worth two seasons for each? 9 seasons would probably be a big stretch, and no way will there be more. Best way to handle this would be to release the last book the same year as the final season.

Comment

Working...
                      X