Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished season 2. It was fantastic (Think 1 was slightly better though I must say this season took graphic death to an entirely new level). That nightwalker (king?) damn near made me **** myself. Looked bad freaking ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trigg happpy View Post
      Who would win these swords fights

Prime Jamie Lannister vs the hound
      Ser Barristan Selmy vs Tywin Lannister
      Jamie Lannister vs Ser barristann Selmy
      Brienne vs stannis
      Jamie Lannister vs Daario naharris
      Jaqen vs Daario Naharris
      The Hound vs Barristan Selmy
      "Ser Arthur Dayne can kill you all with his left hand while taking a piss with his right" - Jaime Lannister

that is all

Comment

• Rob Stark is an idiot. Maybe Martin visualized him like a ******ed person

1. he was not sure what to do after the War. This means he's not even sure if he wants to be King.

2. Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were close allies in the rebellion

3. Ned Stark lost his head because he fought for the idea that Stannis should be King

4. He agreed on the conditions at the Twins and later married another woman only to go back to Lord Frey and ask for his support?

-----

Rob should have allied with Stannis to form that Stark-Baratheon tandem of old. And he shouldhave married that pretty Frey girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
          Rob Stark is an idiot. Maybe Martin visualized him like a ******ed person

1. he was not sure what to do after the War. This means he's not even sure if he wants to be King.

2. Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were close allies in the rebellion

3. Ned Stark lost his head because he fought for the idea that Stannis should be King

4. He agreed on the conditions at the Twins and later married another woman only to go back to Lord Frey and ask for his support?

-----

Rob should have allied with Stannis to form that Stark-Baratheon tandem of old. And he shouldhave married that pretty Frey girl.

Rob Stark was young and inexperienced. I only read half of the first book, but in the book he is still a teenager.

He made a lot of mistakes, and paid for them. I think that was sort of the point. He had a good force and a lot of aptitude, and he was able to mount an offensive which had the great powers shaking in their boots. But in the end, his mistakes cost him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
            Rob Stark was young and inexperienced. I only read half of the first book, but in the book he is still a teenager.

He made a lot of mistakes, and paid for them. I think that was sort of the point. He had a good force and a lot of aptitude, and he was able to mount an offensive which had the great powers shaking in their boots. But in the end, his mistakes cost him.
            That said, some of the stuff is pretty cheesy. The marriage was a political alliance, as such marriages basically always were. That was unrealistic, as a lot of stuff was. From a story standpoint though, I think the point was suppose to be as I said. The story does have a lot of holes in it though.

Comment

• I'd better be careful, though. I once pissed off the Breaking Bad crowd for pointing out some of the flaws in that show.

I like both shows a lot though, but I like GoT a bit more, personally. The thing which I don't like in GoT is how it gets all soap opera some of the time, such as basically every scene involving Cersi. I am praying for her speedy death.

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                That would jettison one of the main themes of the series - the consequences of stubborn adherence to honor and tradition over practicality. Robb won't ally with Renly because he's a younger brother. Stannis won't ally with Robb because he wants to North to be independent. Ned Stark's error is repeated over and over.

Comment

• Robb gets too much "he's an idiot" blame, at least he's young as hell, so its kind of a given....we all know that ***** Catelyn is the real idiot...

Comment

• Yeah, I think he's 14 in the first book.

Napoleon wasn't shit at 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
                      That said, some of the stuff is pretty cheesy. The marriage was a political alliance, as such marriages basically always were. That was unrealistic, as a lot of stuff was. From a story standpoint though, I think the point was suppose to be as I said. The story does have a lot of holes in it though.
                      What you find unrealistic about the fantasy based GOT is that a teenager king decides to marry through his penis instead of for political convenience? Henry the 8th done the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X