Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im liking the series so far, Peter Dinklage & Lena Headley pretty much steals every scene they're in

Greyjoys gives a taste of different air of family dysfunction not named Lannisters

Stannis has the charisma of a tree frog, also liking Davos

Comment

• I have a bad memory with names in series also but after starting to read the books it's a lot easier. They are as catchy as the show. At first I said I'll just trail behind with the reading so I don't spoil my viewing of the show but after the first book I said **** that and continued reading.

They took more liberties this season, they glued some scenes together and as someone said, altered the Craster scene but as long as it doesn't stray from the plot it's all good.

Comment

• i just read the 1st book then made a decision to hold it for a while

don't want to get spoiled by the book so im gonna trust the show to deliver the goods

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
          All five? The youngest literally appeared out of nowhere in a later episode, having barely been mentioned until then.
          No he doesn't he is in the first episode only briefly but he is mentioned on more than one occasion throughout. You are made aware very early that the Starks have 5 true born children within the first 5 minutes of the opening episode when they find the dire wolves.

Comment

• Why was Greyjoy with the Starks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
              Why was Greyjoy with the Starks?
              Balon Greyjoy (Theons father) rebelled against King Robert declaring himself King of the Iron Islands.

He was defeated by Robert and Ned his fleet burned two of his sons Rodrik and Maron where killed during the war after the war Theon was taken hostage by Ned for there farther good behaviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                On my first watching, by the end of the first season I knew virtually no character names whatsoever, though I could keep their iden****** distinct. It really is a little overwhelming.
                This.

I just started watching the show last week. I know everyone by their face but not by name. You meet a bunch of people at once.

Haven't read the book or anything either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                  Why was Greyjoy with the Starks?
                  Greyjoys dad rebelled against King Robert/Ned , they were defeated and easily outnumbered, a stupid rebellion. As a punishment and sign of LOL Dont Fuck With Us Ned took greyjoy as his own at his age of 8 or 9 and made him his ward.

anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Comment

• Thanks for that guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
                      Greyjoys dad rebelled against King Robert/Ned , they were defeated and easily outnumbered, a stupid rebellion. As a punishment and sign of LOL Dont Fuck With Us Ned took greyjoy as his own at his age of 8 or 9 and made him his ward.

anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.
                      I wouldn't say he took him for his own he was a hostage he was treated well enough but he was bought to Winterfell for a purpose he was a deterrent his father would think twice against rebelling again while Theon his only surviving son was serving the Starks.

Comment

Working...
                      X