No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    I don't know if I should read "A Clash of Kings" or watch the second series first.

Anyone think they will make a TV series for every book? personally i highly doubt it.
    Well, that's what they are doing. I wish they would have named the series A Song of Ice and Fire and had each season be named after the book it is covering. Less confusing than the show being named after the first book.

Comment

• i want to read the books as well, but I hate seeing a movie/show BEFORE reading the books. . it ruins the way i depict the characters, and background scenery the author describes. . . i like to have my own "imaginary" vision; now, i will just see everything as the show has depicted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        i want to read the books as well, but I hate seeing a movie/show BEFORE reading the books. . it ruins the way i depict the characters, and background scenery the author describes. . . i like to have my own "imaginary" vision; now, i will just see everything as the show has depicted it.
        Yeah I agree because I have seen the TV series first when im reading the book im picturing those actors even though in the book sometimes the characters are described very differently to the actors they chose to play them.

nonetheless im still enjoying the read it fleshes everything out a little more and gives you a more fuller understanding of everything that's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          Yeah I agree because I have seen the TV series first when im reading the book im picturing those actors even though in the book sometimes the characters are described very differently to the actors they chose to play them.

nonetheless im still enjoying the read it fleshes everything out a little more and gives you a more fuller understanding of everything that's going on.

Exactly. . .

Do they give you a better, and more thorough background of Daenery and her brother? I want to hear more about what happened to them, and their origins.

I'll prolly end up reading the books as well - im thinking over my next break after season 2 is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            Exactly. . .

Do they give you a better, and more thorough background of Daenery and her brother? I want to hear more about what happened to them, and their origins.

I'll prolly end up reading the books as well - im thinking over my next break after season 2 is over.
            Well I haven't finished the first book fully but from what I have read yes it goes into more detail about Daenerys and the Targaryens as a whole, also in the book a lot of what Daenerys and other characters are feeling is expressed through there thoughts and sometimes dreams/visions which would be pretty hard to apply to the TV series.

For example Daenerys looking back at her childhood her memory's and her relationship with her brother the book gives you more of an understanding of how she went from a shy timid little girl to a potential queen/ruler.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Well, that's what they are doing. I wish they would have named the series A Song of Ice and Fire and had each season be named after the book it is covering. Less confusing than the show being named after the first book.
              That sounds pretty ghey compared to Game Of Thrones.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                She absolutely wanted revenge, I guess she figured that was her best chance. If she had poisoned the wound she would have gotten killed anyway, but with what she did she was able to kill Dany's son and make Drogo a vegetable in one move.
                So you mean she insisted on cleaning the scratch when nobody asked for it because she knew Khalisi was pregnant and wanted the Khal and her son in as you said "killed in one move".

Soooo you mean she healed the wound..... so that she could kill khal and his son in "one move"??????????????????????? GTFO
                But she poisoned it at the same time?
                Or did she clean it to get good with Khalisi but yet she almost got executed after Khal got sick?

This isn't the first time you make these kind of a conclusions bro, Had to check you on this because it absolutely ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                  So you mean she insisted on cleaning the scratch when nobody asked for it because she knew Khalisi was pregnant and wanted the Khal and her son in as you said "killed in one move".

Soooo you mean she healed the wound..... so that she could kill khal and his son in "one move"??????????????????????? GTFO
                  Or did she clean it to get good with Khalisi but yet she almost got executed after Khal got sick?

This isn't the first time you make these kind of a conclusions bro, Had to check you on this because it absolutely ridiculous

Bro, we've read the books. go here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Mirri_Maz_Duur

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
                    yes... another new trailer...

this one wasn't as epic as the 7 devils one but it revealed a little more

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post

No, I didn't say that. She cleaned the scratch with the intent of healing him, because if she didn't, she was going to die. But when Drogo was going to die anyway after falling off his horse, and Dany was desperately asking her to use magic to heal him, she had an opportunity to both render Drogo a vegetable and kill Dany's son with the ritual she performed. She outright says that was her intent when Dany wakes up after giving birth and questions her.

Comment

Working...
                      X