No announcement yet.

Happy Retirement Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2002 #9 Brazil kit was one of the first I ever bought
    He was incredible in that tournament and by far the best goalscorer in the last 20 years.
    Last edited by TRAV1$; 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

This was great to see.

Comment

he was a animal. never followed him much club wise cause at the time i didnt care about clubs but i loved his international work. thats a real ATG not that fuck boy messi

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post

This is legendary,
          That was amazing...

I personally think hes the best striker of all time...i know its hard to say

But ive never seen some1 so big and strong, with that much speed, power, agility, balance, technique, skilll..... It was almost not human like

I dont think any1 has ever ran around a goalkeeper and scored so many times in the history of the sport lol

What a legend...

Comment

As a neutral,it was nice to see him play such a pivotal part in Brazil winning the world cup in 2002.He had waited four years,had experienced so many problems in his career since that time - it was truly redemption for him.I don't think he was as influential to that team as Rivaldo was that year,but under all that pressure,he performed brilliantly on the largest stage possible.

I,and many of my friends at the time even adopted that ridiculous fringe haircut of his during that particular summer.

The guy set ridiculously high standards for himself.I remember during the 04/05 season,where he was being criticized quite heavily by the media for "underperforming" - and he still scored over twenty goals in the league that season.

Born into poverty,rises to become the greatest and richest player in the world - transcending the sport and emerging as a global marketing machine.The controversy and mystery of France 98;redemption and vindication in Japan/Korea 02 - this guy deserves a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
              The 2002 #9 Brazil kit was one of the first I ever bought
              He was incredible in that tournament and by far the best goalscorer in the last 20 years.
              He's the best goalscorer ever.

look at his goalscoring stats before his first knee injury in November 99

Sao Cristovao: 15 / 15
              Cruzeiro: 56 / 58
              PSV: 55 / 57
              Barcelona: 47 / 49
              Inter: 41 / 55
              Brazil: 39 / 47

Goals/Appearances.

Another interesting stat I saw was his average appearences per season

Anderton: 27.7
              Saha: 27.18
              Ronaldo: 27.1

Less appearances than Darren Anderton ffs. He could've been even better than he was.

Great memories from the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                That was amazing...

I personally think hes the best striker of all time...i know its hard to say

But ive never seen some1 so big and strong, with that much speed, power, agility, balance, technique, skilll..... It was almost not human like

I dont think any1 has ever ran around a goalkeeper and scored so many times in the history of the sport lol

What a legend...
                Probably...
                He's the blueprint to the perfect striker.

Comment

one of the most underrated strikers of the past is el magico gonzalez. he could of been ranked next to pele and maradona.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Cute! View Post
                    one of the most underrated strikers of the past is el magico gonzalez. he could of been ranked next to pele and maradona.
                    Who?????????

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Who?????????
                      exactly.

if he was from brazil or argentina, or even from europe he would be rated next to these guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X