No announcement yet.

USA has 14 Trillion dollar debt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Only 14 trillion? Do you realize how quickly our debt would be paid off if we set tarrifs and taxed them the same to import goods as they charged us. I don't know the exact time but relatively speaking it would be pretty damn quick.

That's why I really dug the idea of Trump possibly running for president. It has to be a given that Trump will piss alot of countries off and some relationships with other countries will be damaged. I say why, for what? For doing the same thing to them as they do to us?

Did I mention that our debt could quickly be erradicated?

We have the military to defend if neccesary, I want us out of debt to anybody.........Rockin'
    Only 14 trillion?

You must be dumb or something.

You do realise that you also have a huge trade deficit each year.

Trade deficit = what you sell to others is not as much as you buy.

America doesn't have much to offer, and if you charge higher taxes, people will go elsewhere.

If it was so easy to get rid of debt, then no one would be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
      Only 14 trillion?

You must be dumb or something.

You do realise that you also have a huge trade deficit each year.

Trade deficit = what you sell to others is not as much as you buy.

America doesn't have much to offer, and if you charge higher taxes, people will go elsewhere.

If it was so easy to get rid of debt, then no one would be in it.
      Dumb? I might throw the same comment at you for your response but I have more class than that to do so.

If we BUY so much from other countries why let them import their goods to our country while charging no tarrifs while they charge us up the ass to import to their country.

Let them go elsewhere if they choose. With America still an industrial power do you believe that we would not be able to sustain ourselves producing in America and buying American?

The reason that we buy so much out of country is because it is so much cheaper. Now looking from their eyes (the forigein countrys) why would their people buy our stuff when they have slapped a huge tax on it and something that might cost $20,000 in America will now cost them $65,000 because of the crazy tarrifs they impose. So obviously we are going to sell our imports MUCH LESS in other countries. Put those crazy tarrifs on them and see how much of their inferior qualitie products we will buy at an inflated price of say 300%.

We could easily sustain ourselves. That would create industries and jobs if we were to do so. Something that our country needs..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Dumb? I might throw the same comment at you for your response but I have more class than that to do so.

If we BUY so much from other countries why let them import their goods to our country while charging no tarrifs while they charge us up the ass to import to their country.

Let them go elsewhere if they choose. With America still an industrial power do you believe that we would not be able to sustain ourselves producing in America and buying American?

The reason that we buy so much out of country is because it is so much cheaper. Now looking from their eyes (the forigein countrys) why would their people buy our stuff when they have slapped a huge tax on it and something that might cost $20,000 in America will now cost them $65,000 because of the crazy tarrifs they impose. So obviously we are going to sell our imports MUCH LESS in other countries. Put those crazy tarrifs on them and see how much of their inferior qualitie products we will buy at an inflated price of say 300%.

We could easily sustain ourselves. That would create industries and jobs if we were to do so. Something that our country needs..........Rockin'
        Sorry to call you dumb then.

However you're making up numbers with idealology that isn't so easy to work.

Maybe the US can try and sustain itself, but it is the biggest oil user in the world. I mean literally eating up other countries by many times.

You can't sustain that from your own sources.

You spend 9 times more on your army compared to any other country, I think even more than most of tue world put together.

You have spent like 2 trillion in iraq and Afghanistan.

The problem is not increasing taxes to others, because you won't have any business. Why do you think the US has accused China of keeping the value of it's money so low?

So that China gets business from the world because it's so cheap to get their products and use their labour.

The cheaper your goods, the more people who buy from you. Why do you think places with high exchange rates struggle to export but can import?

The problem is that the US spends too much and uses too much.
        Last edited by PandaKilla; 02-11-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
          Sorry to call you dumb then.

However you're making up numbers with idealology that isn't so easy to work.

Maybe the US can try and sustain itself, but it is the biggest oil user in the world. I mean literally eating up other countries by many times.

You can't sustain that from your own sources.

You spend 9 times more on your army compared to any other country, I think even more than most of tue world put together.

You have spent like 2 trillion in iraq and Afghanistan.

The problem is not increasing taxes to others, because you won't have any business. Why do you think the US has accused China of keeping the value of it's money so low?

So that China gets business from the world because it's so cheap to get their products and use their labour.

The cheaper your goods, the more people who buy from you. Why do you think places with high exchange rates struggle to export but can import?
          Excellent points and that's why Brazil keeps mentioning that we may see a currency war breakout.

Comment

Working...
          X