No announcement yet.

Being Poor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    I am like most americans hand to mouth,this country is not this beacon of wealth for most.
    This is very true. It is a beacon of hope for immigrants more so than the citizens that have been here for multiple generations. Alot of assistance programs are geared towards new immigrants and not towards the already established who have resided in this country for multiple generations. It's sad, but true bruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Being poor is mostly a state of mind with the factors of greed, desire and contentment all figured in. Somebody living in the streets and sleeping in the streets is poor. Somebody working paycheck to pay check is actually not poor. Most of the time its just that they want more material things or greater things that they already have.

I understand where you are coming from Mark, it does seem unfair. But if you were to get a job that you truely loved, one where you wake up each morning looking forward to going to work it would help your frame of mind.

I found that the most happy I was through life were the times that I enjoyed my job but made considerably less money than my chosen vocation. It's weird how it works out.

Now, since my stroke, I am on disability making far less than I ever had. I still work on my own projects but with less money I am actually happier then I have been in years.

I hope that you can find peace in this world.........Rockin'
      amen..........................

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        I am so sick of it,paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years and i cannot take it anymore.Work my ass off for what so the dickhead president of my company can get a million dollar bonus while i get a fcking turkey.We as american need to get out in the streets and protest this bs.
        I'm sorry bro but living paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years is mostly your fault. what have you done in those 5 years to better yourself? How many applications at other places have you turned in? have you tried going to a vocational school to learn a skill? better yet why don't you get a college education? Being poor is a choice. You can't just complain about it, you got to do something about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          This is very true. It is a beacon of hope for immigrants more so than the citizens that have been here for multiple generations. Alot of assistance programs are geared towards new immigrants and not towards the already established who have resided in this country for multiple generations. It's sad, but true bruh.
          Bull****! There's assistance available to everyone it's up to you to go out and get it. People that are citizens here shoulldn't need the help that others do. YOu speak english, you were educated here, you have all the rights in the world, you have lots of opportunities and if you made nothing out if, that's your fault. The biggest assistance you can get in the united states is a college education. it's free for many people through grants and aids. It's actually easier for citizens to get these aides and grants.

i'm sorry but the United States is not the country to ***** about not being able to do something or living paycheck to paycheck. You have no one to blame but yourself for not making the most of what this country has to offer.

i know single mother girls with the drive and dedication to want to succeed who have raised their kid and gone to school. They struggled for years to balance their life in hopes of finishing school and making something out of their selves and they have. I have no sympathy for people that don't attempt to better themselves through school knowing that's your ticket to better wages.

Comment

Working...
          X