Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst American accents by British actors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked her Toronto accent the best. The Canadian accent is subtle and I don't see it being made fun of very much.

Comment

Anthony Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
        What are you talking about?

Who said anything about comparing the pro ranks and the amateurs?

I said Cuba is better than America in boxing. Look back at their previous AM superstars and even in the professional ranks too.

It has nothing to do with the setup.
        Yeah dude, Gamboa totally ****s all over Mayweather, doesn't he? And old-ass Hopkins, Gamboa is definitely P4P better than that 48 year old...Oh wait. Wrong. Cuban boxing is almost 100% amateur which means nothing in the pros. American boxing is mixed amateur and pro and Cuba might have an advantage in the amateurs, but Cuba is not actually the better boxing nation. Robinson, Ali, Louis, Dempsey, Greb, Leonard, Tyson, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Holmes, Frazier, Hagler, Mayweather...all American.

For the actual thread, though, Dominic West and Idris Elba from the wire, along with Christian Bale. And that broad from Lights Out, but not really. She's awful.

Comment

Clive Owen isn't British, he's English but he has a good American accent. You can hear it in movies like Sin City and Closer.

It's really not that hard to speak a American/English/British/Australian accent. I've done a couple of videos when I was a bored teenager, of me being a British National Geographic host and using my house pets as the animals. People would actually think it was a British person and not me, because I wouldn't show my face just narrate.

Don't know what the big deal is about talking with another accent.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Clive Owen isn't British, he's English but he has a good American accent. You can hear it in movies like Sin City and Closer.

It's really not that hard to speak a American/English/British/Australian accent. I've done a couple of videos when I was a bored teenager, of me being a British National Geographic host and using my house pets as the animals. People would actually think it was a British person and not me, because I wouldn't show my face just narrate.

Haha, I did that with my brother when we were young.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Yeah dude, Gamboa totally ****s all over Mayweather, doesn't he? And old-ass Hopkins, Gamboa is definitely P4P better than that 48 year old...Oh wait. Wrong. Cuban boxing is almost 100% amateur which means nothing in the pros. American boxing is mixed amateur and pro and Cuba might have an advantage in the amateurs, but Cuba is not actually the better boxing nation. Robinson, Ali, Louis, Dempsey, Greb, Leonard, Tyson, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Holmes, Frazier, Hagler, Mayweather...all American.

For the actual thread, though, Dominic West and Idris Elba from the wire, along with Christian Bale. And that broad from Lights Out, but not really. She's awful.
              You really are a silly ****.

You've come into the argument hours afterwards and some bizarre angle. For some reason you're bring Gamboa into it, who the fuck is Gamboa compared to past Cuban greats?

Then you bring up Ali, who is of English descent. Why are you bringing Limeys into it?

And again, you've clearly read nothing I've put because you would have seen that boxing = boxing. Whether it's amateur or professional.

Twat.

Comment

You know what the big deal is?

The big fucking deal is when you say you can speak an American/English/British/Australian accent.

What's the difference between English and British accents?

There is none, because a British accent does not exist.

Furthermore, I reckon you're doing the posh upperclass English accent which no one uses anymore. Trying doing a Manc or Scouse accent etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                  You know what the big deal is?

The big fucking deal is when you say you can speak an American/English/British/Australian accent.

What's the difference between English and British accents?

There is none, because a British accent does not exist.

Furthermore, I reckon you're doing the posh upperclass English accent which no one uses anymore. Trying doing a Manc or Scouse accent etc.
                  STFU before I fuck your sister while talking dirty to her with an English accent, and then brag about it to my friends.

Comment

STFU before I fuck your sister while talking dirty to her with an English accent, and then brag about it to my friends.
                    Why would that bother me?

Comment

Make sure it is an English accent and not a British one.

Comment

Working...
                      X