Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does petrol (gas) cost in the USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has steadily climbed to over $3 a gallon in the North East. When Bush was still in office, it was around the same price and the mainstream media was all over it, constantly covering it and making it an important issue...

Now? I haven't heard any news on this issue from the mainstream media. The main difference between now and then is that the barrel of petrol is under a $100, but the galon of gas is still around similar price to when there was a "crisis". Why do people still trust these media outlets?

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
      Over her in England it's about £1.25 ($2.20) per litre. I know it's cheaper over there, but how much does actually cost?
      1.25 (1.60) (3.89) = 7.78 US dollars per gallon (our gallon is smaller than yours.)

So yeah, we're paying less than half what you are. I think you guys are still getting a lot of your petroleum from Russia - and getting screwed by the looks of it.

Comment

Fuel prices truly are ridiculous over here

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
          1 gallon is 3.79 liters, you lucky americans! It's more than a dollar here per liter but still a lot cheaper than england.
          Yea and these are extremely high prices too

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            It has steadily climbed to over $3 a gallon in the North East. When Bush was still in office, it was around the same price and the mainstream media was all over it, constantly covering it and making it an important issue...

Now? I haven't heard any news on this issue from the mainstream media. The main difference between now and then is that the barrel of petrol is under a $100, but the galon of gas is still around similar price to when there was a "crisis". Why do people still trust these media outlets?
            Price of a barrel and price of gas dont really go hand in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              1.25 (1.60) (3.89) = 7.78 US dollars per gallon (our gallon is smaller than yours.)

So yeah, we're paying less than half what you are. I think you guys are still getting a lot of your petroleum from Russia - and getting screwed by the looks of it.
              We have free healthcare though, so I think that mite than compensates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

That's not why their prices are higher.

Comment

I just bought gas for $2.84/gallon today (TN is one of the cheaper states). Filled up my tank that was at 1/8th tank for $35. I only spend that every 2 weeks (I live close to my work). I never complain about it. I know most people pay a lot more...

Comment

$ 3.15 here in Pensacola.. Dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                      $ 3.15 here in Pensacola.. Dammit!!!
                      Yeah, I know it's cheaper here but I was surprised. I thought it'd be like $2.95 or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X