Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google’s Android is not about creating a great mobile platform or devices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im about to leave at&t so I need a new phone, probably gonna go with tmobile.

i been on iphones for yeras, what's the best option for me? droid/ blackberry?

I use my phone for business.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      im about to leave at&t so I need a new phone, probably gonna go with tmobile.

i been on iphones for yeras, what's the best option for me? droid/ blackberry?

I use my phone for business.
      why not just jailbreak your iphone and use it on T Mobile?

otherwise, id go for an HTC, which runds the android OS

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
        why not just jailbreak your iphone and use it on T Mobile?

otherwise, id go for an HTC, which runds the android OS
        what's runds?

I have an older iphone, I don't buy every freakin upgrade so if I'm switching, I'm gonna take advantage of all the new customer benefits

HTC is a droid?

Comment

what's runds?

I have an older iphone, I don't buy every freakin upgrade so if I'm switching, I'm gonna take advantage of all the new customer benefits

HTC is a droid?
          runs*

HTC makes numerous phones, some really nice ones and most of them run the android software

"droid" is an android based phone made by motoroloa (i believe)

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
            runs*

HTC makes numerous phones, some really nice ones and most of them run the android software

"droid" is an android based phone made by motoroloa (i believe)
            I need a good top notch phone, no cheap **** cuz I use the **** out of mine

Comment

I need a good top notch phone, no cheap **** cuz I use the **** out of mine
              yeah, for business BB are very good, but RIM is struggling to adapt to the way the mobile industry is shifting

definitely give some BBs a look

but it would be between a BB and an HTC if i were in your shoes (well actually it would easily be an HTC because, while i do use the **** out of my iPhone, its mostly leisure/school stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
                Android is about creating an accessible, affordable, and open operating system for a large amount of available handsets.

The problem with the iphone is that it isn't accessible or affordable to the majority of consumers. Not when there are other handsets out there that do comparatively the same job as the iphone (if not more) and cost much less.

When you buy an iphone your paying for the Apple logo. It's a great handset, and it does the job it says it does, but it doesn't do a lot that other mobiles can't do.

I'm happy you like your phone so much, but don't tell other people that their phone choice is the wrong decision. Not everyone wants to pay over the odds for a mobile that can be matched spec for spec and for a lot cheaper. The pretentiousness of Apple products and their fans is what turns me off them.

The only way android is cheaper is because google and associated manufacturers of android devices didn't have to spend as much money on R&D as they just stole the IP. They are hoping that when the market is saturated with android phones like PCs they can control the market.

If it turns out like the PC market, then all these manufacturers will end up in a race to the bottom.

This whole "openess" people keep on bleeting with android is misguided; when malware and viruses are prevalent on the platform, who will protect the users?

Google don't give two shíts about the future of allowing all this access to their platform, they are only interested in ad money and data.

The core of android is "owned" by google, it's not open source.
                Last edited by COVID-19; 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I have 2 Mac G5s

and Have a MyTouch 4G

...and as much as an Apple (computer) head I am, The Evo and MyTouch 4G are all around just better phones than the iPhone (no Flash) 4. If the idea is Google's trying to corner the market, so be it. But they're not "attempting" to do that by releasing ham and egger phones.

Comment

This whole iphone/android/droid/robot/4g..... I never understood it.

My dad just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab and I have to say it's the most useless thing I've ever seen.

It's too small and slow to be a laptop and too big and clunky to be a cell phone....

Comment

so do you think Apple makes the iPhone out of the good of their hearts?

im pretty sure they are chasing profit also

Comment

Working...
                      X