Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ****ing ****ed off depressed?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
    I have sniffed around an ounce of M-KAT in the last 3 weeks (not even joking).

I have destroyed my brain .
    Ok. Use this...If you gonna make suicide note. Dont mention the help I did for you.

Comment

I am definitely cutting down, been on one hell of a Christmas and New Year binge!.

What did you do in Australia, work or holiday?.

I'm looking into going there myself, but it is hard to find a good starting point.
      working holiday for a year.

Worked as little as i had to, and had a blast doing it. Worked a hostel doing maintanence for free rent, did about 1.5-2 hours a day in the morning to stay for free. I got free food, and got to take people on pub crawls for free beer. Only had to buy smokes when i did that (for about 2 months lol). All i had to do was paint a bathroom, or do a bit of gardening, fix a leaking shower etc.

Gardening and building labourors are always needed, and its good money, i did that most of the time when i was properly working, get between $800-1000 a week doing that. Hard work but good fun having banter with the english, irish, aussies, and kiwis that i worked with (you'll find more english, irish, and kiwis doing these jobs than aussies btw, they are a minority, u can give them dogs abuse lol!) And if i was stuck i got a job i did telesales for a few days until i got something else sorted. U went for an interview the day u phoned about the job, and started the next day, none of this waiting 3 weeks **** u get over here to find out if u got the job.

Highly reccomend it man, go for it. Fly into to Sydney with no plans, and take it from there. If u wanna go up the east coast, stay and work for a while or go south, figure it out when u get there. Situations can change very quickly when u are backpacking, people can fall out badly (5 of us went out, we all punched each other at some stage, u live in each others pockets, get pissed of with each other, it happens), lose jobs quickly (they dont **** around over there, miss one monday and its **** of paddy!) and u will almost certainly meet some fine ***** u wanna shag for a while longer rather than go to brisbane just cos u had a flight booked months before
      Last edited by gingeralbino; 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Ok. Use this...If you gonna make suicide note. Dont mention the help I did for you.

I'd probably just go for the bog standard figure 8 follow through to be honest with you mate.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        working holiday for a year.

Worked as little as i had to, and had a blast doing it. Worked a hostel doing maintanence for free rent, did about 1.5-2 hours a day in the morning to stay for free. I got free food, and got to take people on pub crawls for free beer. Only had to buy smokes when i did that (for about 2 months lol). All i had to do was paint a bathroom, or do a bit of gardening, fix a leaking shower etc.

Gardening and building labourors are always needed, and its good money, i did that most of the time when i was properly working, get between $800-1000 a week doing that. Hard work but good fun having banter with the english, irish, aussies, and kiwis that i worked with (you'll find more english, irish, and kiwis doing these jobs than aussies btw, they are a minority, u can give them dogs abuse lol!) And if i was stuck i got a job i did telesales for a few days until i got something else sorted. U went for an interview the day u phoned about the job, and started the next day, none of this waiting 3 weeks **** u get over here to find out if u got the job.

Highly reccomend it man, go for it. Fly into to Sydney with no plans, and take it from there. If u wanna go up the east coast, stay and work for a while or go south, figure it out when u get there. Situations can change very quickly when u are backpacking, people can fall out badly (5 of us went out, we all punched each other at some stage, u live in each others pockets, get pissed of with each other, it happens), lose jobs quickly (they dont **** around over there, miss one monday and its **** of paddy!) and u will almost certainly meet some fine ***** u wanna shag for a while longer rather than go to brisbane just cos u had a flight booked months before
        Sounds like a right blast, i'd probably try and stay and not come back .

How much money did you take?.

Comment

I'm pissed right off to f--k tbh man

Comment

I'd probably just go for the bog standard figure 8 follow through to be honest with you mate.

Sounds like a right blast, i'd probably try and stay and not come back .

How much money did you take?.
            about 100 quid, and a credit card with a limit of £1500. No ****, and i didnt get a job worth talking about for 3 months (did the free hostel thing for a while at the start)

Im probably going back next year, but gonna do it right this time, went for a laugh last time, this time its gonna be for a fresh start. Im in the same boat as u, **** job, **** money etc.

Id reccomend bringing enough to get a **** car when u get there if u wanna work on building sites, they are usually not in city centres and u need a car as u start too early for buses. $1000 is enough for a car.

Id planned on not coming back last time, but my sister got married to an aussie over there, and i couldnt **** around with immigration incase i couldnt go to the wedding (and i would **** her application for Citizenship up). I know loads of illegals and people who managed to get sponsored, if u wanna go there to live it can be done easily enough.

Comment

about 100 quid, and a credit card with a limit of £1500. No ****, and i didnt get a job worth talking about for 3 months (did the free hostel thing for a while at the start)

Im probably going back next year, but gonna do it right this time, went for a laugh last time, this time its gonna be for a fresh start. Im in the same boat as u, **** job, **** money etc.

Id reccomend bringing enough to get a **** car when u get there if u wanna work on building sites, they are usually not in city centres and u need a car as u start too early for buses. $1000 is enough for a car.

Id planned on not coming back last time, but my sister got married to an aussie over there, and i couldnt **** around with immigration incase i couldnt go to the wedding (and i would **** her application for Citizenship up). I know loads of illegals and people who managed to get sponsored, if u wanna go there to live it can be done easily enough.
              I may head to Perth as i have some sort of family there, not sure exactly what .

I haven't got a driving license, i need to correct that fast lol.

I might just go out there as a holiday to start with, stay with family and see what happens. The last thing i want to do is tel everyone i'm moving to Australia and come back 3 weeks later with my tail between my legs looking like a right prick .

Comment

I may head to Perth as i have some sort of family there, not sure exactly what .

I haven't got a driving license, i need to correct that fast lol.

I might just go out there as a holiday to start with, stay with family and see what happens. The last thing i want to do is tel everyone i'm moving to Australia and come back 3 weeks later with my tail between my legs looking like a right prick .
                Ive a few mates in Perth, the bad thing about it is thats its pretty small, and its completely isolated. Theres nothing else worth talking about that side of Oz. Work is easy enough to get though (although the pay isnt as good as the east coast).

Meant to be good fun though (i never went to that side of Oz)

If u decide to go out there hit me up with a PM and ill give u a few tips to get started. There's things u need that are free of charge, but travel companies will try and charge u money for to sort out before u go over there. Once u get there its just a matter of filling in a few forms (tax numbers (get an ABN number as well btw, its like a VAT number, it means u are self employed and dont get taxed - you're meant to fill out tax forms but u dont need to bother. Most buildiing sites will only take u on if have an ABN # - it means you're a contractor so they dont have to give u benefits like pension etc), bank account(s) etc)

Comment

Ive a few mates in Perth, the bad thing about it is thats its pretty small, and its completely isolated. Theres nothing else worth talking about that side of Oz. Work is easy enough to get though (although the pay isnt as good as the east coast).

Meant to be good fun though (i never went to that side of Oz)

If u decide to go out there hit me up with a PM and ill give u a few tips to get started. There's things u need that are free of charge, but travel companies will try and charge u money for to sort out before u go over there. Once u get there its just a matter of filling in a few forms (tax numbers (get an ABN number as well btw, its like a VAT number, it means u are self employed and dont get taxed - you're meant to fill out tax forms but u dont need to bother. Most buildiing sites will only take u on if have an ABN # - it means you're a contractor so they dont have to give u benefits like pension etc), bank account(s) etc)
                  I'd probably book a return with the return flight for 4 weeks later and give myself a good 4 weeks to try and find a job . If i don't ill just spend 4 weeks on the beach or at the pool, that ****s all over here lol.

Cheers for the advice fella .

Comment

theres no point in giving up.

Comment

Im the same m8, im cutting out everything, drink, drugs, etc, going to start working out again man, save my money, and hopefully get a new job

Comment

Working...
                      X