No announcement yet.

Religious people! Come in here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    Do you base your beliefs solely on a book written thousands of years ago by fellow human beings?

Do you reject Darwin's theory of evolution?
    Do you reject the thought that other intelligent lifeforms inhabit our universe?

...because the book told you to?
    No I did not watch the video because i'm not interested. Yes I reject Darwin's theory of evolution. I believe in adaptation. Evolution is something evolving from one species to the next. There is absolutely NO PROOF of that ever happening. Have certain species adapted to their surroundings and climate, yes of course. But evolution completely different. It's just like the Darwin illustrations show, you would have to have an ape evolve into a man. Please provide proof of this ever happening, one species evolving into a different one. There is none.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      They commit crimes because they want to. Simple as that. That's what the world has become sadly, do what you want. Let me ask you this, does your life mean something to you? Cause if we are all here by accident and the Lord didn't create us for a purpose then nobody's life has meaning. We're just one big accident.
      Of course it does. Why does it matter why we are living? Just be thankful we are as it's all circumstantial and we all evolved from great apes and before that other animals like fish. If the meteor never took out the dinosaurs, we would never have been able to evolve and live like we are today.

We wasn't created for a purpose, at least **** sapiens were not.
      Last edited by RichCCFC; 01-01-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

They commit crimes because they want to. Simple as that. That's what the world has become sadly, do what you want. Let me ask you this, does your life mean something to you? Cause if we are all here by accident and the Lord didn't create us for a purpose then nobody's life has meaning. We're just one big accident.
        So if the Lord didn't create us for a purpose than my life has no meaning? I think I like my life because it's the only one I'll ever have and I find meaning in it by trying to enjoy it and everything this world has to offer. I don't believe I was born solely to serve someone I've never met.

Comment

No I did not watch the video because i'm not interested. Yes I reject Darwin's theory of evolution. I believe in adaptation. Evolution is something evolving from one species to the next. There is absolutely NO PROOF of that ever happening. Have certain species adapted to their surroundings and climate, yes of course. But evolution completely different. It's just like the Darwin illustrations show, you would have to have an ape evolve into a man. Please provide proof of this ever happening, one species evolving into a different one. There is none.
          How much proof do you want? There is more proof of evolution than there is of gravity. The evidence in support of evolution is growing daily and yet people still try to ignore it.

Sorry but it is extremely naive and narrow minded to reject evolution.

Comment

Oh it doesn't bother me at all man. I'm actually glad this thread was made, I like talking about this. If I did come along harsh please forgive me. I'm just stating what I know from reading the Bible and living a Christian life. The Bible sums it up pretty good, if you're not for God then you're against him. If you don't believe in him then that means you're against him. Christ was sent and the world rejected him, it's not gonna change sadly.
            I respect religious people to the utmost they are some of the most nicest, kind-hearted people in the world. Most of them respect agnostics and atheists and vice versa.

But what i do not respect is both religious and atheist nuts trying to shove their beliefs down on other people and fighting to claim a moral/spiritual/religious high ground for their own self-satisfaction. In the past people were tortured//killed for not believing (which still goes on now). Now finally people are starting to realise that religion isn't an answer to everything. It doesn't matter how much you pray but how hard you are willing to work.

I also dislike how American schools are still trying to brainwash children by not teaching evolution in school but merely referring to as a scientific guess opposed to the absolute truth that Creationism is. If you are going to teach it at-least give them both sides of the argument and let them decide for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
              How much proof do you want? There is more proof of evolution than there is of gravity. The evidence in support of evolution is growing daily and yet people still try to ignore it.

Sorry but it is extremely naive and narrow minded to reject evolution.
              Where is this proof? Please show me. There is absolutely NO Proof one one thing being like say a fish and evolving into a dog. NONE, that was Evolution is. Do you understand that? Not adaptation which is what you're talking about, but evolution.

Comment

Why do you reject other opinions besides your own embedded in you, you really should watch the video, even if you don't believe in it, it's a different perspective. You should just accept that we are not as special as you'd like to believe or the bible portrays us as. Times have changed and so have opinions on our reasons for being here, you seem stuck in time.

Archeology has been able to connect enough species through fossil records to prove that evolution did occur. There is so much proof that the scientific comunity accept it as fact. The only argument comes from those who believe in some religious book written by a few men, and choose to distrust all the writings by modern scientists who have no reason to lie.

Studies have shown that human evolution is now slower than ever, and have been slowing for thousdands of years. Evolution needs natural selection, and while advances in medical science are great for the individual they keep genetic defects in the gene pool.The animal kingdom is brutal to low performers; the human kingdom is not. Good for individuals, but counterproductive to evolution in itself.

While physically, human evolution through DNA mutation appears to have slowed, I would propose that through ideas and tools, human evolution is now faster than ever. A human now can travel faster than the fastest running animal by driving a car. A human can defend against any animal by using a gun. Yes we have evolved to a species that can travel to outer space, and communicate through words across the planet in sub-seconds through the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
                  I respect religious people to the utmost they are some of the most nicest, kind-hearted people in the world. Most of them respect agnostics and atheists and vice versa.

But what i do not respect is both religious and atheist nuts trying to shove their beliefs down on other people and fighting to claim a moral/spiritual/religious high ground for their own self-satisfaction. In the past people were tortured//killed for not believing (which still goes on now). Now finally people are starting to realise that religion isn't an answer to everything. It doesn't matter how much you pray but how hard you are willing to work.

I also dislike how American schools are still trying to brainwash children by not teaching evolution in school but merely referring to as a scientific guess opposed to the absolute truth that Creationism is. If you are going to teach it at-least give them both sides of the argument and let them decide for themselves.
                  I agree in letting people decide for themselves. God gave us free will, he's not gonna force someone to worship him. That ties into the love he has for us. I'm sure you wouldn't force someone to love you right? Of course not, which is why God doesn't either.

Comment

Where is this proof? Please show me. There is absolutely NO Proof one one thing being like say a fish and evolving into a dog. NONE, that was Evolution is. Do you understand that? Not adaptation which is what you're talking about, but evolution.
                    How much proof do you want?

Also, ask google. Why should I looking something up when you couldn't even be bothered to watch the video of Michio Kaku?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Why do you reject other opinions besides your own embedded in you, you really should watch the video, even if you don't believe in it, it's a different perspective. You should just accept that we are not as special as you'd like to believe or the bible portrays us as. Times have changed and so have opinions on our reasons for being here, you seem stuck in time.
                      You are right, times have changed, but God remains the same. He was the same yesterday, he'll be the same tomorrow, and throughout time. I don't entertain certain things that go against the word of God because I believe them to be a lie. That's like me telling you your last name is Griffith when it's Smith. Of course you wouldn't listen to that nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X