Collapse
No announcement yet.

atheists stop celebrating my christian holiday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we were celebrating the birth of Malcolm X.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
      You're a fake Xtian. The real Xtians are the Jehovah Witnesses.
      At least Mormon's believe in God... They have that going for them. I don't know how they handle multiple wives though. Multiple women, possible... Multiple wives though would be the biggest headache in creation. Mind games and jealousy and add in a dash of scorn.

Thats a recipe for fun over the holidays

Comment

Christmas had absolutely nothing to do with Christ.. it started as a pagan holiday to either celebrate Saturn or mostly the sun. That's where the star on top of the tree comes from.

When Rome as well as other places where trying to convert to Christianity as their official religion, their citizens had a hard time letting go of their old gods and traditions so they gradually added things to the holiday to make it more Christian and slowly took the pagan aspects of it away.

Not all of the Pagan aspects were taken though. The gift giving, the star and lights on the tree.

I personally don't care much for the holiday but celebrate it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          Christmas had absolutely nothing to do with Christ.. it started as a pagan holiday to either celebrate Saturn or mostly the sun. That's where the star on top of the tree comes from.

When Rome as well as other places where trying to convert to Christianity as their official religion, their citizens had a hard time letting go of their old gods and traditions so they gradually added things to the holiday to make it more Christian and slowly took the pagan aspects of it away.

Not all of the Pagan aspects were taken though. The gift giving, the star and lights on the tree.

I personally don't care much for the holiday but celebrate it anyway.
          Zeitgeist watching conspiracy nut. ^^^^

Here is a picture of a guy wearing a tinfoil hat. Nobody has ever done this before btw. Totally new way of pwning people on the online internet.

Comment

I would much rather celebrate Saturnalia.. Christmas' roman predecessor. It's much more fun and involves drinking, having sex and being foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
              Zeitgeist watching conspiracy nut. ^^^^

Here is a picture of a guy wearing a tinfoil hat. Nobody has ever done this before btw. Totally new way of pwning people on the online internet.

unlike your idiotic beliefs in the Illuminati.. there is actually merit to what I'm saying.
              here is a wiki article on christmas and on saturnalia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

of course, if you don't like wikipedia, a quick trip to the library to look for a book on Roman culture and practices won't do you any harm. the facts are there.. you are just closing you eyes, covering your ears and screaming "LA LA LA!" to yourself. lol

Comment

I know all about it. Slow your roll Lance Bass.

I don't dabble in conspiracy theory, I dabble in facts.

Comment

Malcolm X > Jesus.

E

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Its ours..

take it from us, if you can
                    It's now a commercial holiday. Long lost to all.

Lord Alan > God

Comment

Let me introduce you to a ideology that you perhaps aren't familiar with:

CHRISTIAN ATHEISM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

Christian atheism is an ideology in which the God of Christianity is rejected but the moral teachings of Jesus are followed.

Comment

Working...
                      X