Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just in! British Parliament agrees to student demands!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in! British Parliament agrees to student demands!

In an unprecedented move British parliament has recalled its days session to rehold the vote and this new vote has effectively blocked all legislation pertaining to an increase in tuition fees. National Union of Students spokesperson Miriam Wett-Ferchiena has hailed it as a "great day for democracy".

NO THEY HAVEN'T YOU STUPID FUCKING HIPPIES! You had weeks to lobby your MPs, write letters to parliament, attend community meetings and put together petitions, but it's far more fun to dress up like a twat in a Jester's outfit and wave a fucking placard with the rest of your ridiculous student friends!

Way to get the **** kicked out of you by the police for NO FUCKING REASON!

How long have you been working as a Police Officer, Pig?

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
      How long have you been working as a Police Officer, Pig?
      I have never worked as a police officer.

Comment

Great job by those English students. Hopefully there is more of this all across the world.

Going to meetings, petitions and writing letters doesn't work.

All the Nwo understands is brute force.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
          Great job by those English students. Hopefully there is more of this all across the world.

Going to meetings, petitions and writing letters doesn't work.

All the Nwo understands is brute force.
          I don't think you understand - this petulant mass tantrum has achieved precisely fuck-all. Unless they wanted to ensure that the rest of the population of Britain disagrees with them, in which case they've done admirably.

In the UK you have plenty of opportunity to engage in the democratic process by gathering signatures in a petition, speaking to your MP face to face in your MP's surgery, writing letters, joining community groups etc. All of these things can have a profound effect on the conscience of members of parliament, and can result in the sort of backbench rebellion we saw today.

But it's way more fun to do this:

And who cares if it's totally ineffective?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I don't think you understand - this petulant mass tantrum has achieved precisely fuck-all. Unless they wanted to ensure that the rest of the population of Britain disagrees with them, in which case they've done admirably.

In the UK you have plenty of opportunity to engage in the democratic process by gathering signatures in a petition, speaking to your MP face to face in your MP's surgery, writing letters, joining community groups etc. All of these things can have a profound effect on the conscience of members of parliament, and can result in the sort of backbench rebellion we saw today.

But it's way more fun to do this:

And who cares if it's totally ineffective?

Didn't you say the students got their way?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
              Didn't you say the students got their way?
              Satire. No, they didn't get their way. I outlined a fictional scenario in which parliament was recalled for the day and decided to hold the vote again and it was reversed meaning that smashing the shit out of everything like an angry toddler in a supermarket actually achieved something. Of course nothing of the sort actually happened, the motion passed and the middle class Fauntelroys busy slumming it by smashing windows in Trafalgar square have failed.

But I honestly think that politics is pretty low on the list of motivations for the majority in attendance.

Comment

Gaygoth and Constructo-Bowie explain to officers that they just don't wanna pay the barber, man...

Comment

Social justice through party tricks...

Comment

What I might wear if I wanted to enact social change:

What a student might wear if they want to enact social change:

What a student might wear if they REALLY want to enact social change:

Comment

Working...
                    X