Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    ???????????????????

And????????????

How about sticking with the topic here. So America has race issues, which country doesn't?

The point of the thread is how great America is and it's the accomplishments that the U.S has made that has made it great.
    There have been countries that have never had slavery to the extreme as what America has seen.

There are countries that do not go around getting into other peoples wars.

There are countries where there isn't such a gulf between the rich and poor. You have wealthy areas with super rich, and ghetto where 1 or 2 die a day.

America is not that great. It's in huge debt, has top 10 worse things in the world such as homicide etc... but it does hav great and bad things about it.

I don't see any country as being great.

I think you need to really travel the word and see other countries that have really good systems for education, respect and general living standards. If you have only been to the US and Mexico, then I can see why you say the US is great.

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
      There have been countries that have never had slavery to the extreme as what America has seen.

There are countries that do not go around getting into other peoples wars.

There are countries where there isn't such a gulf between the rich and poor. You have wealthy areas with super rich, and ghetto where 1 or 2 die a day.

America is not that great. It's in huge debt, has top 10 worse things in the world such as homicide etc... but it does hav great and bad things about it.

I don't see any country as being great.

I think you need to really travel the word and see other countries that have really good systems for education, respect and general living standards. If you have only been to the US and Mexico, then I can see why you say the US is great.
      I have travelled a lot, much more than the U.S and Mexico.

Again, you missed the point. Are there countries like let's say Finland or Norway that have higher standards of living? Of course.....that's not my point or the point of the TS.

When you talk about achievements in almost every aspect of the world, there has never been a country like the U.S.

Just look at the list of inventions in the 20th century alone and you will see it dominated by Americans. Not because Americans are any more smart than the rest of the world but because it's the environment in which makes them competitive enough to do those things.

Is there flaws in Democracy and Capitalism, yes, there's no perfect system....NONE. Because it's not the system that is flawed it's the people running it.

Comment

I have travelled a lot, much more than the U.S and Mexico.

Again, you missed the point. Are there countries like let's say Finland or Norway that have higher standards of living? Of course.....that's not my point or the point of the TS.

When you talk about achievements in almost every aspect of the world, there has never been a country like the U.S.

Just look at the list of inventions in the 20th century alone and you will see it dominated by Americans. Not because Americans are any more smart than the rest of the world but because it's the environment in which makes them competitive enough to do those things.

Is there flaws in Democracy and Capitalism, yes, there's no perfect system....NONE. Because it's not the system that is flawed it's the people running it.
        I agree that scholarships etc... are great and encourage all smart people from all backgrounds to achieve success.

There have been countries that ruled most of the world, the US is doing pretty good, but at the cost of itself, because the money is making it in huge debt, however, it has invented many things I suppose.

Comment

Sorry but America has it's race issues. Among other problems.

There are other countries that are better to live in than the UK and US.
          ^^^^^this.........

Comment

I agree that scholarships etc... are great and encourage all smart people from all backgrounds to achieve success.

There have been countries that ruled most of the world, the US is doing pretty good, but at the cost of itself, because the money is making it in huge debt, however, it has invented many things I suppose.
            In the short time that America has been a nation, no other civilization or country in the world has done what America has done........ever.

I think that was the point of the thread starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss
              Yes, America is SOOO great that we rather ban ethnic studies from schools and remove P.E classes to 'save money' .
              That's not America, that's the backward thinking rednecks that want to "Take America Back"....

Back to the dark ages I think......

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss
                and you call me crazy for saying that the US is falling apart .
                I'm just a glass half full person, you already threw your water out...hahaha.

Comment

THE US IS NOW RAN BY HISPANICS!!!!!! we make up more of the POPULATION THAN ANY other race. UNTED STATES OF HISPANICS. SO EVERYBODY BETTER learn to speak SPANISH or DIE!!!!!

Comment

Britain invented a large amount of stuff as well, the industrial revolution started here. We also helped to invent America lol but here is a small selections.

Cordite
                    telephone
                    teleprinter
                    Radar
                    X-ray computed tomography
                    Electric motor
                    Flush toilet
                    Glass-reinforced plastic
                    H2S radar
                    Harrier Jump Jet
                    Head-up display
                    Heroin
                    High explosive anti-tank warhead
                    Holography
                    Periscope
                    Radio
                    Plastic explosive
                    Postage stamp
                    Steam engine
                    Steam locomotive
                    Sonar
                    Supersonic transport
                    Television
                    Tin can
                    Turbojet
                    Digital audio player
                    Fire extinguisher
                    Jet engine
                    Lawn mower
                    Linear motor
                    Machine gun
                    Magnifying glass
                    Refrigerator
                    Rubber band
                    Seat belt
                    Sewing machine
                    Shrapnel shell
                    Stainless steel
                    Steam turbine
                    Submarine
                    Tank
                    Vacuum cleaner
                    Windup radio
                    World Wide Web
                    Concentration Camps
                    Torpedo
                    Fighter aircraft
                    BOXING
                    Plastic
                    Police
                    Carbonated soft drink
                    Prime meridian
                    pedal bicycle
                    pneumatic tyre
                    Canals
                    Docks
                    iron-hulled steamship
                    screw propeller

Comment

LOL...Nope ita a black OBAMA!!!!! and Hispanics will soon rule by 2025 US CENSUS BUREAU predicts Hispanics to make up 25% of AMERICA BY THEN. THAT is ASTRONOMICAL. Meaning my gen the now 20 somthings will run America Corprate and Political. US.GOV says.......OWNAGE is coming!!!!!

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Comment

Working...
                      X