Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Guys Think About the NFL's New "No Devastating Hits" Rule?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
    It's a good thing, who wants to see a player seriously hurt or killed? It's suppose to be a game not a battle to the death.
    Sure you do. Because one of your guy's got lit the fu.ck up. Head to head hit's, I can see the league coming down on. "Devastating hits"? What's next? Two hand touch?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Sure you do. Because one of your guy's got lit the fu.ck up. Head to head hit's, I can see the league coming down on. "Devastating hits"? What's next? Two hand touch?
      I forgot he was an Eagles fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
        I forgot he was an Eagles fan...

I'm busting ball's. Look, I saw the hit live on the T.V., and my first reaction was, "HOLY SH.IT!" Then I got the same feeling that everybody else got when they both were not getting up. "Man, I hope they all right." The speed, and size of today's player's is incredible. So nasty collision's are going to happen, regardless of how the NFL tries to avoid it. This "rule" is trying to take away the most simple, savage element of the game. It isn't going to work.

Comment

I'm busting ball's. Look, I saw the hit live on the T.V., and my first reaction was, "HOLY SH.IT!" Then I got the same feeling that everybody else got when they both were not getting up. "Man, I hope they all right." The speed, and size of today's player's is incredible. So nasty collision's are going to happen, regardless of how the NFL tries to avoid it. This "rule" is trying to take away the most simple, savage element of the game. It isn't going to work.
          Yeah man..

That's how the players are taught to hit.

And no matter how hard they try, I honestly think they aren't going to stop hits like the DeSean hit.

Comment

It's sad when a footballer dies in gameplay. So I guess it's for the safety of the players for years to come. Those who have family members who play football would probably be in favor of this rule.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It's sad when a footballer dies in gameplay. So I guess it's for the safety of the players for years to come. Those who have family members who play football would probably be in favor of this rule.
              On the other hand.

The players know the risks of playing football.

They don't HAVE to play the game.

It's a privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
                On the other hand.

The players know the risks of playing football.

They don't HAVE to play the game.

It's a privilege.
                Great point. And the player's aren't exactly making chump change playing this game.

Comment

Great point. And the player's aren't exactly making chump change playing this game.
                  I just think it's stupid that the league would suspend players for "Devastating Hits".

I mean what if a guy that gets hit fakes an injury or concussion?

I mean they would count that as a "devastating hit" right?

Then that player gets fined/suspended for something that's bogus.

Comment

damn looks like those guys backing rugby will lap will lap this up.

Comment

the whole point of NFL players get paid ridiculous contracts have a lot to do with the risks they take as players.

if we make it a patty cake league why the **** do they get 100's of millions of dollars???

Comment

Working...
                      X