No announcement yet.

God is real..if you dont believe that oh well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
    Science cant prove God wrong..the universe,human life etc etc didnt just happen..if so why cant humans create humans??why cant we even cure every disease??why cant we create planets,stars??why cant we even reach other galaxies??you're telling memlife created its self?? NO God did..dont let the devil use science to make you not believe in God....thats why people think they can live life with no rules and think theres no punishment....
    Im with you on this Larry... If there is anything you should get right, it is this. Everything else is just fleeting and inconsequential... What can you do but pray for others right?

Comment

this topic has been debated to death

Comment

good thread larry...

Comment

If believing in a god makes you feel better and gives you purpose, then good for you.

If you don't believe in a god and are content with that, good for you as well.

My thing is, we need to be more tolerant and exclude ALL religious beliefs from government....PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            If believing in a god makes you feel better and gives you purpose, then good for you.

If you don't believe in a god and are content with that, good for you as well.

My thing is, we need to be more tolerant and exclude ALL religious beliefs from government....PERIOD.
            Apart from Mormonism. That shit is hilarious!

Joseph Smith: And so the angels told me that the golden plates can never be shown to anybody and only I can translate them using this magic stone.

Recruit: That sounds ridicu...

Joseph Smith: And also you can have ten wives!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Apart from Mormonism. That shit is hilarious!

Joseph Smith: And so the angels told me that the golden plates can never be shown to anybody and only I can translate them using this magic stone.

Recruit: That sounds ridicu...

Joseph Smith: And also you can have ten wives!
              All concepts of religion are pretty ridiculous but they evolved for a reason, mostly because man couldn't answer the basic questions of the universe.

I think religion has changed in todays world as something that gives people comfort. It's easier to tell a child that when they die they will be in heaven with angels and god and not worm food, rotting in some grave.

Comment

All concepts of religion are pretty ridiculous but they evolved for a reason, mostly because man couldn't answer the basic questions of the universe.

I think religion has changed in todays world as something that gives people comfort. It's easier to tell a child that when they die they will be in heaven with angels and god and not worm food, rotting in some grave.
                I think the newer a "religion" is the more it looks like a scam. I mean Joseph Smith's "I translate invisible golden plates using a magic stone, give me money" schtick it transparently fraudulent. But not quite as fraudulent as L Ron Hubbard's "Space ghosts make you sad, give me money" routine. But there's an element of the con in all religions as far as I can tell. Even Judaism. Read Leviticus for an example of how dodgy it is; there's a whole list of different offerings, oil, grain, incense and above all the meat. It went to the Tabernacle and was considered way too holy for ordinary people after it was offered. Only the Levites (sort of hereditary priests) and their families were allowed to consume it.

It was a bit like me saying "Yes, you have sinned against the almighty. We can fix that by bringing me some marinated New York striploins and burning them on my alter which yes, does look an awful lot like a barbecue."

Comment

I think the newer a "religion" is the more it looks like a scam. I mean Joseph Smith's "I translate invisible golden plates using a magic stone, give me money" schtick it transparently fraudulent. But not quite as fraudulent as L Ron Hubbard's "Space ghosts make you sad, give me money" routine. But there's an element of the con in all religions as far as I can tell. Even Judaism. Read Leviticus for an example of how dodgy it is; there's a whole list of different offerings, oil, grain, incense and above all the meat. It went to the Tabernacle and was considered way too holy for ordinary people after it was offered. Only the Levites (sort of hereditary priests) and their families were allowed to consume it.

It was a bit like me saying "Yes, you have sinned against the almighty. We can fix that by bringing me some marinated New York striploins and burning them on my alter which yes, does look an awful lot like a barbecue."
                  Yes I get that I just don't hold the same contempt you do for people who believe in God and we have had these discussions before. I see it for what it is and agree with you but at the same time I don't think that believers are idiots or fools. They are simply products of thousands of years of learned behavior that in certain instances if you didn't agree were punishable by death.

So it's understandable why religion and god are so ingrained in the minds of millions of people around the planet. We all know geography dictates your beliefs, I mean the fact I was a Roman Catholic has everything to do with me being Mexican. If I was born in Pakistan I would be Muslim and if I was born in India I would probably be Hindu.....and so on and so forth.

I just think that people are searching for something, anything to fill their "hearts and souls" so to speak and religion gives them that. I have no issue with those people, it's the small minority of extremists that I have a major issue with and I have gotten in trouble here in the past for saying this but IMO Islam is the most dangerous of all religions and poses a serious threat to western society.

One thing is to condemn the believer, another is to condemn the theology and that's where I differ to most people.

Comment

Yes I get that I just don't hold the same contempt you do for people who believe in God and we have had these discussions before. I see it for what it is and agree with you but at the same time I don't think that believers are idiots or fools. They are simply products of thousands of years of learned behavior that in certain instances if you didn't agree were punishable by death.

So it's understandable why religion and god are so ingrained in the minds of millions of people around the planet. We all know geography dictates your beliefs, I mean the fact I was a Roman Catholic has everything to do with me being Mexican. If I was born in Pakistan I would be Muslim and if I was born in India I would probably be Hindu.....and so on and so forth.

I just think that people are searching for something, anything to fill their "hearts of souls" so to speak and religion gives them that. I have no issue with those people, it's the small minority of extremists that I have a major issue with and I have gotten in trouble here in the past for saying this but IMO Islam is the most dangerous of all religions and poses a serious threat to western society.

One thing is to condemn the believer, another is to condemn the theology and that's where I differ to most people.
                    I don't have contempt for people who believe. I do reserve the right to ridicule those beliefs though. I think that for the vast majority of believers they haven't actually examined the core of that belief properly, either that or they are politically and psychologically committed to the belief to the degree that it's harder for them to shake it off in the view of clear evidence of it being nonsense.

Comment

I don't have contempt for people who believe. I do reserve the right to ridicule those beliefs though. I think that for the vast majority of believers they haven't actually examined the core of that belief properly, either that or they are politically and psychologically committed to the belief to the degree that it's harder for them to shake it off in the view of clear evidence of it being nonsense.
                      I can't argue that but I also don't ridicule people's belief because that only pushes them further into that belief instead of them taking that stpe of logic and reason you talk about.

It causes a divide and line between non believers and believers and that's not where we need to go. It's kind of like telling a child NO,NO,NO...the only thing will happen is he/she will be more willing to do that which is taboo.

I see people in general moving away from religion simply because science is really passing it up to the point where it looks ridiculous. Intelligent men have no other option but to realize the evolution is real and the truth. Cardinals and Popes have now come forward and said we cannot dispute evolution anymore.

It's a slow process but it's taking place around the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X