Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are so many people arguing with this character?

He named himself No Ceilings (after a ****ing Lil Wayne mixtape), his musical content is limited to whoever's put in front of him. If Gucci Mane improves his lyrics some and strings together a few platinum albums, he'll be saying Gucci Mane=GOAT.

He's the equivalent of a boxing fan who only watches Mayweather and Pacquiao fights and only passingly watched a Sugar Ray Leonard or Roy Jones clip.

Comment

Em is dope no denying. You just have to wait to c his true impact after he dies. Pac by far is the most influential artist of the 3 and Bigs delivery was bar none.

Comment

I think whenever em raps with Wayne he is not at his best, i sense is confinement when working with wayne. I dont know why, he seems nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Why are so many people arguing with this character?

He named himself No Ceilings (after a ****ing Lil Wayne mixtape), his musical content is limited to whoever's put in front of him. If Gucci Mane improves his lyrics some and strings together a few platinum albums, he'll be saying Gucci Mane=GOAT.

He's the equivalent of a boxing fan who only watches Mayweather and Pacquiao fights and only passingly watched a Sugar Ray Leonard or Roy Jones clip.
          Yeah because Gucci Mane and Eminem are comparable.

What in the ****.

Comment

ok

Pac has been dead for over a decade

and even when pac is dead he is STILL BIGGER in the music industry

/ thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
              ok

Pac has been dead for over a decade

and even when pac is dead he is STILL BIGGER in the music industry

/ thread
              What does this have to do with who the better rapper is?

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                If rapping was based purely on lyrical skills, Eminem would win hands down.
                First I'd say that 2Pac was a hell of an eloquent guy. He's being underrated by some in that regard. He was just more of a raw talent is all, a diamond in the rough, less of a pure MC, which latter is what Biggie was (that guy was born to flow, he was so smooth - "C4 to ya door, no beef no more...").

But - would Em even win that hands-down, though?

This guy makes a point,

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                But Em suffers from lack of content..always has to a certain extent. He can spit complexity and rhyme schemes all he wants, but what is he really saying most the time?

not jack ****

^^ The only thing I'd disagree with there is that his work was rich in content on the SSLP, the storytelling was keen as hell and the grasp of imagery and easy humorist charm running through his work at the time made even the lighter cuts substantial.

I think he's regressed lyrically even as he's looked to sophisticate his rhymes. Much of the beauty of Em a decade or so ago was his earthy skill with language - "a corny looking white boy, scrawny and always ornery, 'cause I was always sick of brawny bullies pickin' on me..." - "brawny"?, "ornery"?, that's Mark Twain right there. It doesn't have to be a multisyllabic clusterfuck to be descriptive or vivid or rich in shade and tone. He puts you right there. I think that's what the early Eminem shares with Biggie and that's when he was hot as a lyricist. 'Pac could tell a story with a lot of heart, he just somehow couldn't relate it with the same smoothness and lyrical invention/charm (think 'Brenda's Got A Baby' for example). He was generally much more about statements and addresses as a lyricist.

These days Eminem often jams words together to no particular effect at all. Part of lyrical skill is being able to make your words have a point...y'know?

I think Em's work as a lyricist started showing real signs of disjointedness on 'Encore'...cracks were showing then, but there was still enough spark to make most of the cuts worth it. I still listen to that album once in a while.

The two albums since give an impression of a man with little left to say through words. There are small sparks of interest but nothing really catches fire. There's a grand impression of something substantial forthcoming all the time, when you'd just as happily settle for something just genuinely LAUGH OUT LOUD funny (this guy could be genuinely funny BITD, instead of just spitting out multiple punchlines for the sake of it), but neither ever actually arrives, no matter how much you will him on.

Flow-wise, he was always tidy and clever early on. Latterly he's developed that multisyllabic, rapid-fire pyrotechnic style -- which I personally find clumsy and repetetive, (lines just following lines awkwardly with no regard to meter), but some people seem to flip for it, maybe syllabic volume seduces and gives the impression of greater substance to some people -- but the flow doesn't really matter if what's coming out of it has so little ultimate relevance, regardless of if the tone of the work is 'serious' or 'humorous' on the surface...and if those two qualities were never one, then Eminem would have never been as relevant as he once was, anyway. That's another crisis he seems to be caught in, whether to be 'funny' or 'serious', when in his pomp he was both.

I mean, it doesn't even have to be topical or weighty...you can be Great by just rhyming about how great you are, if you're inspired doing it (Apathy again).

The main issue with Em is his muse is badly burned out. Until he gets it back, if he ever does, he's a shot artist.

Comment

Em IS one of the best of all time. No point in arguing since people will still hate on him...I put him above BIG but I don't know as far as PAC, I was just listening to 'till the end of time which is just sick. Em's influence will be noticeable after his gone, but for now...

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                    Em IS one of the best of all time. No point in arguing since people will still hate on him...
                    Because you don't have an argument? It's so easy to just make a sweeping statement then cop out of backing it up.

I have no problem acknowledging when Em was Great.

Please tell me in some kind of detailed analysis WHY the back end of Eminem's oeuvre should be considered "great".

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
                      Because you don't have an argument? It's so easy to just make a sweeping statement then cop out of backing it up.

I have no problem acknowledging when Em was Great.

Please tell me in some kind of detailed analysis WHY the back end of Eminem's oeuvre should be considered "great".
                      ...No point in arguing since people will still hate on him...

Comment

Working...
                      X