Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
    Speaking of hipsters.

Shad is kind of "hipster rap"

But he can spit.

Is it just me, or are the beats overpowering his voice. I have to really focus to hear what he is saying.

Maybe his voice just isn't powerful enough. He sounds like that kid from the song "I wanna be a Billionaire". Similar style except I can hear the Billionaire Rapper's voice just fine.

Comment

Yessir.

Drake ain't ****, Shad's the best out of Canada.
      yes Indeed. I cant **** with Drake at ALL, he lame as all hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
        Is it just me, or are the beats overpowering his voice. I have to really focus to hear what he is saying.

Maybe his voice just isn't powerful enough. He sounds like that kid from the song "I wanna be a Billionaire". Similar style except I can hear the Billionaire Rapper's voice just fine.
        It could be your speakers/headphones, or the quality of the track on youtube which is most likely highly compressed.

I can hear it fine, though.

But now listening to it again, I can kind of see what you mean, I can still hear it fine, but the beats are a little overpowering, especially the first one.
        Last edited by CrackYourJaw; 10-02-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          yes Indeed. I cant **** with Drake at ALL, he lame as all hell.
          Chief2ndzOnly Vs a Hipster Rapper:

Comment

• Here is a good article on Hipser rap, good read, if you're not too lazy, I'd recommend it:

Hipster Rap: The Savior of Hip-Hop?

"I'm not talking about these guys..."

I live in Bushwick, Brooklyn which is virtually a hop, skip and a jump from the notorious neighborhood of Williamsburg in New York. Notorious, not in the sense that it’s likely to get your ass lit up like Grandma’s glaucoma “medicine”, but in the sense that you come across perhaps the most universally despised people in all of New York city, the hipsters. Now seeing that I’m best friends with many a “hipster” myself (and some would probably argue that my ass is a hipster but I would literally scream and beg to differ to my bloody torture chamber death but I digress), I don’t really personally have anything against them (other than say their choice in ironic haberdashery) but they do seem to spring up in various different neighborhoods in the city like cockroaches; bringing the wonders of gentrification and retro ‘80s t-shirts. Once, they’re there, they’re there to stay. The definition of a hipster is pretty nebulous as what qualifies one as a hipster is broad and sweeping but there is one unifying theme that unites all hipsters: No hipster considers themselves, in fact, a hipster. It’s a dirty word signifying pretension and a tragic taste in culture. Nobody voluntarily wants to be thought of as a hipster. It’s actually a pretty good determiner if you have to defend yourself as not a hipster, your tight jeans wearing ass is probably a hipster. Sorry, to break it you, folks. We all deal.

Bronx rapper, Mickey Factz, recently caught major feelings from Nah Right’s Eskay when he was classified as a hipster rapper. He went to great pains to categorically reject the notion as did the Kidz In The Hall when confronted with that same notion. Lord knows an aspiring rapper wouldn’t want to be associated with white upper middle class douche bags in thick black framed glasses (Full Disclosure: I wear black framed glasses quite regularly, myself) even though they are often fond of those same thick black framed glasses himself. Hipster rap has become short-hand in recent times for a retro aesthetic that leans on a late ‘80s/early ‘90s sound and culture. The Cool Kids, Wale, The Knux, Jay Electronica, Lupe Fiasco, Mickey Factz and the Kidz In The Hall all have an aesthetic and style that leans heavily on what is being dubbed as “hipster rap.” Pretty much all of them hate it. I’m not necessarily sure that’s a good thing. I think they should embrace it.

The notion of hipster rap is actually pretty damn awesome. It uses the old school aesthetic of 80’s rap and culture and updates it for a modern audience. In a sense, as an audience we are getting the best of both worlds. It’s swaggerific enough for fans of ****ty LCD rap to be conned into listening to but purposely old school enough to keep geezer’s like myself (all of my 24 years and counting) to get behind. If anything is gonna save hip hop, at least, artistically, this genre could be it.

The aspect that I like the most about the burgeoning genre of hipster rap is that it’s not informed of the sermonizing of pandering socially conscious rap of modern backpack rap. It’s not trapped in antiquated notions of what real hip hop should be about. It’s simply just damn fun to listen to. It’s become the most rank of clichés to hail alternative hip hop groups as a “breath of fresh air” against the sordid ignorance of modern mainstream hip hop. Hipster rap isn’t a “breath of fresh air” but rather the vengeful but fun-loving wrath of yesteryear manifesting itself against the forces of cliché in modern hip hop. You can’t help but nod your head, smile or scowl when posed in your b-boy stance when listening to this ****. The hipsters may have completely ruined indie rock, haircuits, and fashion with their dreaded irony but they might as well save hip hop. Who the **** knew?

Comment

Good ****, homie.

Plus that beat is ill, too.

I dunno why, but dudes from the south tend to have great rapping voices.
              True Indeed. Here go some Lil Keke. This used to be my ****, I used to jam this everyday.

Comment

Chief2ndzOnly Vs a Hipster Rapper:

LOL. It would go somethin like that but I'd have to catch him face to face or I wouldn't feel right bout it. He did smack the monkey piss outta him though LMAO.

Comment

Here is a good article on Hipser rap, good read, if you're not too lazy, I'd recommend it:

Hipster Rap: The Savior of Hip-Hop?

"I'm not talking about these guys..."

I live in Bushwick, Brooklyn which is virtually a hop, skip and a jump from the notorious neighborhood of Williamsburg in New York. Notorious, not in the sense that it’s likely to get your ass lit up like Grandma’s glaucoma “medicine”, but in the sense that you come across perhaps the most universally despised people in all of New York city, the hipsters. Now seeing that I’m best friends with many a “hipster” myself (and some would probably argue that my ass is a hipster but I would literally scream and beg to differ to my bloody torture chamber death but I digress), I don’t really personally have anything against them (other than say their choice in ironic haberdashery) but they do seem to spring up in various different neighborhoods in the city like cockroaches; bringing the wonders of gentrification and retro ‘80s t-shirts. Once, they’re there, they’re there to stay. The definition of a hipster is pretty nebulous as what qualifies one as a hipster is broad and sweeping but there is one unifying theme that unites all hipsters: No hipster considers themselves, in fact, a hipster. It’s a dirty word signifying pretension and a tragic taste in culture. Nobody voluntarily wants to be thought of as a hipster. It’s actually a pretty good determiner if you have to defend yourself as not a hipster, your tight jeans wearing ass is probably a hipster. Sorry, to break it you, folks. We all deal.

Bronx rapper, Mickey Factz, recently caught major feelings from Nah Right’s Eskay when he was classified as a hipster rapper. He went to great pains to categorically reject the notion as did the Kidz In The Hall when confronted with that same notion. Lord knows an aspiring rapper wouldn’t want to be associated with white upper middle class douche bags in thick black framed glasses (Full Disclosure: I wear black framed glasses quite regularly, myself) even though they are often fond of those same thick black framed glasses himself. Hipster rap has become short-hand in recent times for a retro aesthetic that leans on a late ‘80s/early ‘90s sound and culture. The Cool Kids, Wale, The Knux, Jay Electronica, Lupe Fiasco, Mickey Factz and the Kidz In The Hall all have an aesthetic and style that leans heavily on what is being dubbed as “hipster rap.” Pretty much all of them hate it. I’m not necessarily sure that’s a good thing. I think they should embrace it.

The notion of hipster rap is actually pretty damn awesome. It uses the old school aesthetic of 80’s rap and culture and updates it for a modern audience. In a sense, as an audience we are getting the best of both worlds. It’s swaggerific enough for fans of ****ty LCD rap to be conned into listening to but purposely old school enough to keep geezer’s like myself (all of my 24 years and counting) to get behind. If anything is gonna save hip hop, at least, artistically, this genre could be it.

The aspect that I like the most about the burgeoning genre of hipster rap is that it’s not informed of the sermonizing of pandering socially conscious rap of modern backpack rap. It’s not trapped in antiquated notions of what real hip hop should be about. It’s simply just damn fun to listen to. It’s become the most rank of clichés to hail alternative hip hop groups as a “breath of fresh air” against the sordid ignorance of modern mainstream hip hop. Hipster rap isn’t a “breath of fresh air” but rather the vengeful but fun-loving wrath of yesteryear manifesting itself against the forces of cliché in modern hip hop. You can’t help but nod your head, smile or scowl when posed in your b-boy stance when listening to this ****. The hipsters may have completely ruined indie rock, haircuits, and fashion with their dreaded irony but they might as well save hip hop. Who the **** knew?
                  Damn good article Cup. I think hipster rap can do one or two thangs. It can hurt it or help it. I think it'll help it though, cause I believe Hip-Hop will grow from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    LOL. It would go somethin like that but I'd have to catch him face to face or I wouldn't feel right bout it. He did smack the monkey piss outta him though LMAO.
                    LOL, that's some foul ****, though.

And peep the dude's face before he smacks him, smirkin' like a muh****a.

Comment

• THis song is so gay and the people who sung it are probably hispters, but you'd like this, chief:

Comment

Working...
                      X