Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire has potential for greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of period pieces or Steve Buschemi. So I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
      Its Enoch Thompson, not Johnson. Anyway, your right the show's has great potential. I'm looking forward to catching the rest of the season.
      oops, my bad.

nice Avatar. I see you're already a fan as well.
      Originally posted by Addition View Post
      Pfft, I watched the first episode, I don't understand what all the hype is about. I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide to continue watching it.
      yes, keep watching trust me. you will start to like it.
      Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
      Not a fan of period pieces or Steve Buschemi. So I'll pass.
      thats a pretty big generalization. its not just about the time period, its a well put together show. great story buildups.

and I also didn't like Buschemi before, but after 2 episodes of this show, I realize that he is an acting genius. He just has such depth and awareness in what he is doing. He's definitely gonna win an emmy.

And there are 2 other guys that might win supporting emmy awards like the guy who's playing capone and the guy who's playing Rothstein. Great actors.
      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 09-28-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

only saw the first episode...recorded the 2nd but haven't watched it yet

i havent followed a series since Band Of Brothers....this one interests me

Comment

I was posting about this show about 3 months ago...Its a pretty good show...doesn't really stick to the historic values which degrades it a little bit. I think it starts out in 1921 if im right and Charles Luciano is already being called "Lucky" which didn't happened until late 20's. He looks like Arnold Rothestein right hand man already which I don't think happened that early either.

Outside of setting facts straight it is a nice flowing show. You can already see the issues building up for Nucky.

It has already been picked up for a second season just based off the first episode views/ratings.

This is a very interesting time period and I think this show has a lot of content to play off of so I think this can definitely play well into 5+ seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
            Watched 5 minutes today and vomited.

Shit show.. I switched to Andy Griffith reruns on TV Land.

It couldn't top the greatness of Andy Griffith if it tried.

Scorcese is more shot than Chunk.
            Shut up. Nobody's buying that.

Anyway, the show is pretty good, not all its hyped up to be, but its still better than anything on TV land.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Shut up. Nobody's buying that.

Anyway, the show is pretty good, not all its hyped up to be, but its still better than anything on TV land.
              Watched 5 minutes last night to give it a chance, got bored went back to Andy Griffith.

Not into it.

I think HBO gets a lot of credit for shows that aren't that good (six feet under, carnival, hung, sex and the city, true blood)

all overrated **** shows imo.

The best thing they've done which is actually a great show is Big Love.

And Curb used to be dope, till the 3rd or 4th season.

Comment

Watched 5 minutes last night to give it a chance, got bored went back to Andy Griffith.

Not into it.

I think HBO gets a lot of credit for shows that aren't that good (six feet under, carnival, hung, sex and the city, true blood)

all overrated **** shows imo.

The best thing they've done which is actually a great show is Big Love.

I agree that those shows are overrated, and this Boardwalk is as well. How about the Sopranos?

Comment

i haven't watched it yet but the guys at work are raving about it ... so I have it set up to DVR the first 2 episodes so I catch up

i'm about to watch the new Eastbound and down episode ... that show was funny as ****

Comment

Originally posted by El Mustang View Post
                    i haven't watched it yet but the guys at work are raving about it ... so I have it set up to DVR the first 2 episodes so I catch up

i'm about to watch the new Eastbound and down episode ... that show was funny as ****
                    "Whooo!"

Comment

Curb is still dope, man. One of HBO's real gem.

As for Boardwalk, it's solid. Obviously there was a ton of hype for it and I doubt it could ever live up to that but it's entertaining. Buchemi lacks something though as the main character though.

Comment

Working...
                      X