No announcement yet.

Pastor Cancels Koran Burning After Defense Secretary Calls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
    well yes... people have morals and religion is a moral code...and if your morals allow you to place an imaginary being in the sky over the life of a human being and the pain of every one they knew goes through you deserve every thing your pitiful shallow life puts you through, but only you, such ideas should not be allowed to destroy the life's of other people.
    Yes, as i said in my first post that is the western perspective but the radical muslims dosen't care much about that. Westerners can condem the Islamic worldview but it won't make it go away so to avoid violence the best thing is to not burn the Quran. I guess the pastor finally understood that.

This is why we have laws, and laws are meant to control society not a moral code.
    And what are those laws based on if not our western moral code?

Comment

logic says burning a human person is worse then burning a piece of paper.
      Logic is a way to draw conclusion from premises. If the muslims have other premises they can still reason logically and come up with other conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
        And what are those laws based on if not our western moral code?
        majority vote.

and by popping out babies from the time they're 13 on then brain washing them isnt how to gain majority.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-10-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Logic is a way to draw conclusion from premises. If the muslims have other premises they can still reason logically and come up with other conclusions.
          logic is a way to draw conclusions from arguments drawn from the truth, not morals or premises.

Comment

logic is a way to draw conclusions from arguments drawn from the truth, not morals or premises.
            No it's not Your clearly need to study formal logic. Something can be logical but still untrue if the premises are false.

Comment

majority vote.

and by popping out babies from the time they're 13 on then brain washing them isnt how to gain majority.
              And the present democratic system is based on a morality that says "freedom" and equality is something good.

Comment

this pastor prolly got threats from the fbi.

Comment

And the present democratic system is based on a morality that says "freedom" and equality is something good.
                  we arnt a democracy we are a republic that set a base line of sovereignty and built upon it.

freedom and equality is what my fore fathers risked their lives fighting for in the revolutionary war, not what some guy heard from the sky.

No it's not Your clearly need to study formal logic. Something can be logical but still untrue if the premises are false.

or you could elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by photomane View Post
                    I just read theres a copy cat in Spring field TN is going to do the same thang http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=13126351
                    Why not use them as toilet napkin instead of burning them...........At least it will be good for something.
                    I can't burn my copy since I have a lot of notes on it about it's lies,hypocrisy,mistakes and false historical events.But I guess I'll start doing it secretly.....
                    Last edited by Amazinger; 09-10-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

freedom and equality is what my fore fathers risked their lives fighting for in the revolutionary war, not what some guy heard from the sky.
                      The fighters in the revolutionary war and the founding fathers might have got their moral values from liberalism and reasoning and the muslims got their moral values from divine revelation. It's dosent change that both opinions are moral values.

or you could elaborate.
                      Okay consider this...

Because something is true dosen't mean it's logical and because something is logical dosen't mean it is true. If a man is found standing beside a dead body holding a gun it may be logical to assume that he is the killer but it dosen't have to be true. The truth might be that someone else killed the dead person and he just arrived and picked up the gun.

When you putting together a logical argument you first state your premises then using logic you draw conclusions from the premises.

Consider this example:

Premise1: Most guys that kiss other men on the lips are gay
                      Premise2: Calzaghe kisses other men on the lips.
                      Conclusion: Calzaghe is gay.

The argument is logical and if Calazaghe is gay it's also true. If Calzaghe is straight it's still logical considering the premises but it's not true.

Comment

Working...
                      X