Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 parts, give it a watch..

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      i see what your saying and i am an atheist and believe in the science.

its funny people dismiss scientific fact because it is called "theory"

when in science theory doesnt necessarily mean its not 100%....its just that they leave it open to interpretation and realize in the future when more bits and pieces come along they need to be able to add to the "theory"

the theory of evolution is 100% true and has been proven time and time again that it is true

but because its a theory creationists say well its no different from us believing in a god.....its a belief

no its not......its fact

but like i said to Johnny earlier no one can be 100% correct AS OF NOW on how the universe was created

but the evidence to suggest there is no creator is staggering
      I agree, however, i don't think science needs belief, it just needs respect for the facts, belief maybe in the scientists, but "science" itself doesn't need belief, at least in the way that I think you're using it. I don't like the way science is labeled in certain cases, it's such a broad term that it applies to anything, it's simply knowledge gained through study and experimentation. It doesn't set out to attack religion, it simply sets out to find the truth. And people saying, "oh we don't know, just leave it" clearly have no idea what it means to be a scientist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kastrioti View Post
        I agree, however, i don't think science needs belief, it just needs respect for the facts, belief maybe in the scientists, but "science" itself doesn't need belief, at least in the way that I think you're using it. I don't like the way science is labeled in certain cases, it's such a broad term that it applies to anything, it's simply knowledge gained through study and experimentation. It doesn't set out to attack religion, it simply sets out to find the truth. And people saying, "oh we don't know, just leave it" clearly have no idea what it means to be a scientist.
        No i agree with that. Like i was saying there is actual evidence to base their assumptions and facts on.

Didnt mean to come across as science being a belief because that is what creationists think.

Me being a southern american i face these people everyday but i never show my feelings on the subject unless asked and when i do i automatically have the finger point at me that im attacking religion.

Its frustrating as hell.

I feel bad for people who sell themselves short every day of there lives like their accomplishments arent their own

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
          No i agree with that. Like i was saying there is actual evidence to base their assumptions and facts on.

Didnt mean to come across as science being a belief because that is what creationists think.

Me being a southern american i face these people everyday but i never show my feelings on the subject unless asked and when i do i automatically have the finger point at me that im attacking religion.

Its frustrating as hell.

I feel bad for people who sell themselves short every day of there lives like their accomplishments arent their own
          Yea, I mean, I can't really feel bad for them, cause it seems to make them happy, i have nothing to do with it, just like when a religious person says "oh how it must suck to be atheist, you must feel so alone" well they can't know that, just like I can't know how they feel. You wanna believe in god? Go ahead, i'm not saying anything, you wanna believe in christianity, islam, w/e? Go ahead, you won't hear a word from me. However you will hear a word from me when you bring those in a scientific discussion, where they have no place in.

Comment

• Piggy: I am sure if you read God's Word, you read the book of Job.
            The one where the Devil has a bet with God (despite having a well publicized falling-out resulting in the devil being cast down following a war in heaven...) that if he fucks up Job's shit enough then Job will stop worshiping God? Where the devil proceeds to take away Job's wealth, his family members and his health? And then when Job finally loses it and says "WTF mate!?" God starts showing off about all the magical things he can do?

I do hope you're not going to take this barbaric and unlikely tale and try and claim some sort of scientific fact from it.

And you surely remember Job 26:7 where God hangeth or "suspended" the earth on NOTHING.

The earth does not "hang on nothing". In the context of the universe at large this is a meaningless phrase. Besides which, if the authors of the bible wanted to prove their knowledge by predating modern science wouldn't they include something less vague?

Forget the vendetta you have against all the religious institutions , people preist preachers etc........ You are so caught in the spiderwebs of WORDs
            You're the pillock all hung up on people listening to the WORD.

PIGGY: I am not impressed with your knowledge
            Even though my knowledge is of scripture? And it exceeds your own?

or knowledge that you have gained from some college or university or found in some book that man wrote
            Who wrote the bible? Scooby Doo?

Adam Died. Death is horrible but its the way out of this life into eternity. No one wants to die. YOU can't sit there at your computer and "WILL" death with out the aid of a gun etc.... Death is because of Adams Sin against the ALMIGHTY
            Interesting thing about Adam - in the myth he DIRECTLY defied God to his face, after knowing full well that God existed. And as a result lost his immortality. And lived for over 900 years. We on the other hand not only have to contend with the fact that nobody has seen God and nobody has ever experienced any tangible evidence of his existence, but also that our knowledge of the world that we gleaned from repeatable and testable observations points to a world that has come about using phenomena that runs entirely contrary to all holy texts. And we get 60 years?

Oh wait, I forget, we now get closer to 90 years on average, thanks to the praise of the almight god. No, hang on, thanks to that heretical modern science.

YOUR heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked and who can know it.
            Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Jeremiah 17:9 Ephesians 2: 1-10,,,then the second death , the death which is eternal. There is the death we describe when someone just dies. But the death which is eternal is the LAKE OF FIRE. Whats that all about ?
            Until the middle ages this verse was widely held to mean oblivion. The middle ages really showed the ingenuity of the clergy when it came to making people suffer appalling agonies, and they thought it would be a sweet idea to tell everyone that this is what happens after they die as well as before if they don't do what the church wants.

John 14:6 Jesus said I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE any man that comes to the Father must come by me.

NOT works of man, but to have faith.
            Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Who ever thought a genius in a wheelchair who talks through a computer would be an attention whore....Odd world we live in.
            The book is pretty understated. He never actually says "I can prove that there is no god". He just said that gods are an unnecessary invocation on the subject of the beginning of the universe as we know it, just as gods are an unnecessary invocation for lightning or disease or sunrise.

Read the book, not the newspaper headlines.

He eats, breathes, ****s and sleeps like we all do.

He just happens to be a tad bit smarter than us.
            He's one of the foremost experts on quantum physics on the planet, hence he knows a bit more about the subject than somebody who never even read his book!

oh how it must suck to be atheist, you must feel so alone
            As an atheist I am pleased to say that all of my friends are real.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              The one where the Devil has a bet with God (despite having a well publicized falling-out resulting in the devil being cast down following a war in heaven...) that if he fucks up Job's shit enough then Job will stop worshiping God? Where the devil proceeds to take away Job's wealth, his family members and his health? And then when Job finally loses it and says "WTF mate!?" God starts showing off about all the magical things he can do?

I do hope you're not going to take this barbaric and unlikely tale and try and claim some sort of scientific fact from it.

The earth does not "hang on nothing". In the context of the universe at large this is a meaningless phrase. Besides which, if the authors of the bible wanted to prove their knowledge by predating modern science wouldn't they include something less vague?

You're the pillock all hung up on people listening to the WORD.

Even though my knowledge is of scripture? And it exceeds your own?

Who wrote the bible? Scooby Doo?

Interesting thing about Adam - in the myth he DIRECTLY defied God to his face, after knowing full well that God existed. And as a result lost his immortality. And lived for over 900 years. We on the other hand not only have to contend with the fact that nobody has seen God and nobody has ever experienced any tangible evidence of his existence, but also that our knowledge of the world that we gleaned from repeatable and testable observations points to a world that has come about using phenomena that runs entirely contrary to all holy texts. And we get 60 years?

Oh wait, I forget, we now get closer to 90 years on average, thanks to the praise of the almight god. No, hang on, thanks to that heretical modern science.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Until the middle ages this verse was widely held to mean oblivion. The middle ages really showed the ingenuity of the clergy when it came to making people suffer appalling agonies, and they thought it would be a sweet idea to tell everyone that this is what happens after they die as well as before if they don't do what the church wants.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The book is pretty understated. He never actually says "I can prove that there is no god". He just said that gods are an unnecessary invocation on the subject of the beginning of the universe as we know it, just as gods are an unnecessary invocation for lightning or disease or sunrise.

Read the book, not the newspaper headlines.

He's one of the foremost experts on quantum physics on the planet, hence he knows a bit more about the subject than somebody who never even read his book!

As an atheist I am pleased to say that all of my friends are real.
              This was too easy Squeal.

What's your view on String Theory and the possibilty of 11 dimensions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                This was too easy Squeal.

What's your view on String Theory and the possibilty of 11 dimensions?
                It's all very confusing to a neophyte such as myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  It's all very confusing to a neophyte such as myself!
                  Nephyte.. lolol, Hell must've frozen over and green pigs must be falling from the sky.

You still avoiding the question though

Comment

• The spaghetti monster isn't real.

E

Comment

• God >>>>>>> Steven Hawkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X