Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I upgrade to a higher usage internet allowance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I upgrade to a higher usage internet allowance?

This is crazy. I recently moved to Canada so I don't know how anything works here. In NY, if you became an Optimum customer and got the 3 services (cable, phone, internet) you'd have unlimited internet usage.

They didn't even ask me if I wanted more or less GB so I didn't ask either because I thought it was unlimited everywhere. They appearantly put 15 GB per month and it's been about 2 weeks since we got the services, and I just got a message from them saying: Our records show your household has reached 75% of the 15 GB monthly usage allowance provided with your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet Lite service.

I should probably upgrade to a higher monthly usage allowance or what?

These are their packages:

Ultra Lite – 2 GB
    Lite – 15 GB *
    Express – 60 GB
    Extreme – 80 GB
    Extreme Plus – 125 GB
    Ultimate – 175 GB

Comment

i honestly dont know what ur talkin about lol. but congrats on moving to cananda. its safer here

Comment

I had no idea there's a cap on internet usage over there like there is soon to be here on mobile usage.

That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
          i honestly dont know what ur talkin about lol. but congrats on moving to cananda. its safer here
          Internet usage... per month in gigabytes... I don't know.

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
          I had no idea there's a cap on internet usage over there like there is soon to be here on mobile usage.

That sucks.
          Yeah man, this sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
            Internet usage... per month in gigabytes... I don't know.

Yeah man, this sucks.
            In a sense, this is good for those who don't really use too much internet. You know, to give them an option easier on their wallets that is catered to them. At the same time, they should have an unlimited option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
              In a sense, this is good for those who don't really use too much internet. You know, to give them an option easier on their wallets that is catered to them. At the same time, they should have an unlimited option.
              Yeah, good for those who don't use it much but me and my brother use the same computer so you know, we're going to use more than 15 GB a month.

The thing is, I don't know to what package I should upgrade though?
              I don't do much downloading, if I actually do any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                Yeah, good for those who don't use it much but me and my brother use the same computer so you know, we're going to use more than 15 GB a month.

The thing is, I don't know to what package I should upgrade though?
                I don't do much downloading, if I actually do any at all.
                Woow that is rough, the top is 175 GB

Last month alone i transfered about 1 TB of data.

But i download alot of videos so i need it. 15 GB wouldnt last me 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
                  Woow that is rough, the top is 175 GB

Last month alone i transfered about 1 TB of data.

But i download alot of videos so i need it. 15 GB wouldnt last me 1 day
                  WTF god damn what the fudge, do you sell movies or something?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    WTF god damn what the fudge, do you sell movies or something?
                    No i just download and upload some movies and mostly boxing fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X