Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I upgrade to a higher usage internet allowance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So since I don't download anything, which package would be good?

Comment

I got this from Rogers website:

What can you do with 175 GB a month?

-Download 60 HD Movies
      -245 Hours of HD YouTube
      -4+ Heavy Users Online at once
      -Online LAN Parties

Costs $100.
      Last edited by 'Sugar' Freddi; 08-18-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

What can you do 80 GB a month?

-Download 60 HD Movies
        -245 Hours of YouTube HD
        - 2-3 Users Online at once
        -Multiple games online all month

Costs $60.
        Last edited by 'Sugar' Freddi; 08-18-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
          What can you do 80 GB a month?

-Download 60 HD Movies
          -245 Hours of YouTube HD
          - 2-3 Users Online at once
          -Multiple games online all month

Costs $60.
          Hmmm well this sounds good if you dont download anything so it should do.

Im just suprised that you have service that is SO limited. I mean i have unlimited usage and have had more then 10 people using my internet at once with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
            Hmmm well this sounds good if you dont download anything so it should do.

Im just suprised that you have service that is SO limited. I mean i have unlimited usage and have had more then 10 people using my internet at once with no problem.
            Yeah, I don't download anything.

I have a question and this might sound so stupid but I'm not expert at this kind of stuff.

If you just open pages and leave them open on tabs, do they use GB or not?

Also, my brother plays online PS3 so does that use GB?
            Last edited by 'Sugar' Freddi; 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I don't download anything.

I have a question and this might sound so stupid but I'm not expert at this kind of stuff.

If you just open pages and leave them open on tabs, do they use GB or not?
              Umm if its a self-refreshing page it will use data but not a gig. A gig is ALOT if its only used to browse.

I would recommed this program

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/nsl.htm

To monitar tha amount you transfer but you should come nowhere close to 80 GB

And yes PS3 does use data but i have no idea if its alot or a little

Comment

Umm if its a self-refreshing page it will use data but not a gig. A gig is ALOT if its only used to browse.

I would recommed this program

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/nsl.htm

To monitar tha amount you transfer but you should come nowhere close to 80 GB

And yes PS3 does use data but i have no idea if its alot or a little
                So do you think 80 GB a month is good enough? Not downloading movies or anything. Probably extensive web surfing and PS3 online gaming?

They also have a 60 GB package which consist of:

-Download 60 SD Movies
                -700 Hours of YouTUBE
                -1-2 Users online at once
                -Multiple hi-res games online all month

Note that I don't download and we only have one computer so it's only one computer being used.

Comment

So do you think 80 GB a month is good enough? Not downloading movies or anything. Probably extensive web surfing and PS3 online gaming?

They also have a 60 GB package which consist of:

-Download 60 SD Movies
                  -700 Hours of YouTUBE
                  -1-2 Users online at once
                  -Multiple hi-res games online all month

Note that I don't download and we only have one computer so it's only one computer being used.
                  Yea i would say thats enough but you have to make sure your talking for everyone and not just yourself when your talking about downloading things.

Just browsing the web will not use up 60 gigs.

Oh so its only 1 computer so that should be fine, i have 4 with several PS3s

Comment

Why not get the 80 a month one and go all out and then ask them to imform you with how much data you used at the end on the month? That way you will be able to know exaclt how much you need sugAr.

Comment

Yea i would say thats enough but you have to make sure your talking for everyone and not just yourself when your talking about downloading things.

Just browsing the web will not use up 60 gigs.

Oh so its only 1 computer so that should be fine, i have 4 with several PS3s
                      Yeah, I mean there's no downloading at all in this computer.

The only thing that goes on this computer is watching videos on YouTube, PPV streams like SopCast and other ****ty sites, web surfing, instant messaging, and that's pretty much it.

Comment

Working...
                      X