Fasting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skooler View Post
    This is p4p worst thread of the year
    P4P your country is pretty damned obese (did you call American Samoa that to put you further down the obesity chart?)

Anyway pardon me for ignoring the obesity of Egypt and Bosnia-Herzegovina. Still thats only two countries. Look at the Yanks spreading their fatness over two different countries while so many starve...

1. American Samoa, 93.5 per cent (of population that’s overweight)

Traditionally, Pacific Islanders ate native foods high in complex carbohydrates and low in fat. That began to change dietary habits as family members abroad introduced those back home to Western eating.

Krizia’s take: I was floored when I read that almost 100% of the population in Samoa was overweight. I mean, it’s incredible how countries are affected by the American diet. You’ll see this as a recurring theme among the other countries on this list!

2. Kiribati (in the Pacific Ocean), 81.5 per cent

Between 1964 and 2001, food imports to the least developed Pacific nations, such as Kiribati, increased six-fold. Those imports led to a huge influx in fatty food and processed meat, such as Spam and mutton flaps (fatty sheep scraps).

3. U.S., 66.7 per cent

In the early 1960s, 24 per cent of Americans were overweight. Today, two-thirds of Americans are too fat, and the numbers on the scale keep going up. Health experts attribute the rise to an over-production of oil, fat and sugar — the result of government farm subsidies started in the 1970s that made it much cheaper to manufacture products like high fructose corn syrup, a common ingredient in processed foods.

Krizia’s take: I guess Americans aren’t as fat as we thought they were given that 93% of Samoans are obese!

4. Germany, 66.5 per cent

When Germany found out that it was the fattest nation in Europe, health experts blamed the usual suspects: beer, fatty foods and lack of physical activity. Like the rest of the world, Germans are suffering from an easy availability of junk food and more sedentary jobs and lifestyles.

5. Egypt, 66 per cent

In the 1960s, Egypt produced enough food to feed its people a steady diet of red meat, poultry, lentils, maize and dairy products. But by the 1980s, the population had outgrown food production, leading to an increase in food imports that created poorer eating habits.

Krizia’s take: Here’s another country that really surprised me a lot. I always thought that Egyptian lived off a Middle Eastern diet, which is usually known to be quite healthy.

6. Bosnia-Herzegovina, 62.9 per cent

Smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods ****ed during the war that ravaged the country from 1992 to 1995. Those living just above the poverty line are gaining weight the fastest, partly because of the tendency to fill up on cheap processed foods high in calories and low on nutritional value.

7. New Zealand, 62.7 per cent

Researchers found that how much time New Zealand children spend watching television is a better predictor of obesity than what they eat or how much they exercise. The study found that 41 percent of the children who were overweight by age 26 were those who had watched the most TV.

8. Israel, 61.9 per cent

In the past 30 years, the number of obese Israelis has tripled. As in most developed countries, obesity is most prevalent among Israelis with less education.

9. Croatia, 61.4 per cent

Croatia is a victim of the globalization of the food market, which tends to suppress traditional diets as cheaper processed foods from the U.S. and Europe flood store shelves.

10. United Kingdom, 61 per cent

A recent survey ranked the British among the bottom third of European nations in physical exercise, leading Health Secretary Andy Burnham to comment, “We’re really in danger of being known as the best in the world for watching sport, but one of the worst for getting out there and doing it for ourselves.”
    http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com/10-f...-in-the-world/

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
      thanks bro, i apologise for the **** from before.
      dude whats done is done I'm over it we crossed that bridge a while back. but good luck with that. I know the fasting thing and it's not very fun but if its what you do then it's what you do. Nobody should judge you based on what you decide to do with your life and religion. They are always going to because they got nothing else better to do but hey it wouldnt be boxing scene if we didnt have arguments and flamming in every thread now would it?

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
        Lol

True.
        Wish t was true then they would have finished the job every year at this time.

I doubt if they even observe this I bet they find some way around it. They do the same with trading opium why not religion.

Those guys have no real beliefs as far as I can tell.

Stopped women from practising medicine and going to school?

Bomb dem!

Comment

Originally posted by zaheer
          what u on about?

you make a thread about ramadhan and then your swearing, calling people stupid, getting angry...you dont seem well prepared for the month ahead which starts on thursday by the way.

you should also know there is a lot more to fasting than starving yourself

and whos alt am i? because i would love to know considering that i am using my real name.
          First fast is tommorow...check your timetable

http://www.ramadantimetable.co.uk/

This is the UK we all agreed on the day by committee. This si the funny thing about sectarians.

Comment

question: why did Jesus fast?

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
              question: why did Jesus fast?
              i dunno why did jesus fast?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Absolutely not. I am in no way insulting islam. Not exclusively. I am insulting religion, including buddhism, christianity, jainism, hinduism, sihkism and ba'hai.
                You seem to have as strict a doctrine as our Islamic friend with your own set of dos and don'ts, forbidden acts and thoughts, etc. You worship the idea of Atheism. You pray to No God. You follow the stricture of that philosophy. And you seem fiercely adamant about defending it. I'm not sure I see the difference between your form of atheism and deism or theism or whatever. I'm sure you can talk intelligently and at length about all the woes down through history caused by religion. And you'd be dead right. But I would respectfully suggest you miss the point because you appear to be preaching as well. YOU appear to be spreading the word. YOU have the answers. YOU know the way. But you have about as much chance of showing someone your light as venom1 does showing you his. You won't be converting to Islam anytime soon and he won't be going your way, either.

But it doesn't matter to you that venom1 or me or anyone is going to argue with you and dispute what you say. You know you're right. How? You got faith, brother. Like it you not, you got faith.

Comment

Originally posted by zaheer
                  that looks like a trustworthy site.

has the new moon of ramadhan been sighted anywhere in the wotrld, or even in the uk?

if it has then its ramadhan tomorrow, if not then ramdhan will start on thursday.

its good to fast in sha'ban anyway, prepares you for ramadhan a little better.
                  Far as I know moon was sighted in Saudi but the decision here was made around 10pm a good few hours after Saudi announced the sighting.

Comment

Originally posted by ST. NICK View Post
                    You seem to have as strict a doctrine as our Islamic friend with your own set of dos and don'ts,
                    What are those then?

forbidden acts and thoughts, etc.
                    What are those?

You worship the idea of Atheism.
                    In what way to I worship this idea?

You pray to No God.
                    Precisely how do I go about engaging in such an invocation?

You follow the stricture of that philosophy. And you seem fiercely adamant about defending it.
                    Fascinating. What is the stricture of that philosophy, just so I know that I'm not doing it wrong?

I'm not sure I see the difference between your form of atheism and deism or theism or whatever.
                    Damn, and you had such insight into the rest of me... ahem... religion. It's very simple: The difference between atheism and theism is the letter "A" which as a prefix means "no". I don't believe in god while theists, by definition, do. You're welcome.

I'm sure you can talk intelligently and at length about all the woes down through history caused by religion. And you'd be dead right.
                    So what's the beef then?

But I would respectfully suggest you miss the point because you appear to be preaching as well. YOU appear to be spreading the word. YOU have the answers. YOU know the way.
                    Ah now there you're dead wrong. Atheism doesn't have the answers. But a sceptical individual tends to have the right tools to go and look for the answers, instead of accepting what you're told they are as long as your instructor tells you in a strong clear voice.

But you have about as much chance of showing someone your light as venom1 does showing you his. You won't be converting to Islam anytime soon and he won't be going your way, either.
                    I'm not posting threads asking people for approval for how terribly pious my fornicating dope smoking ass is.

But it doesn't matter to you that venom1 or me or anyone is going to argue with you and dispute what you say. You know you're right. How? You got faith, brother. Like it you not, you got faith.
                    I have faith that if I don't go to the toilet soon I will be having turtle's head.

Comment

Damn, I thought this thread was about fisting. Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                      X