Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color was Jesus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently the scriptures describing his "hair like wool" and "skin the color of bronze" are subject to interpretation. . . I suppose the "clever christian" will say: "we all create jesus in our own image" - so he is whatever color you want him to be.

Comment

Comment

i heard he was black and white.. cus he only exists on paper.

Comment

i work with an a.sshole that tells me Jesus was white even thou he was born in Bethlehem.

Comment

Nobody knows and or agrees. But their are a few racial theories.

The Islamic Hadith, collections of 8-9th century AD sayings with no scriptural ascertainment or specific authorship, describe Jesus as "reddish-white" faced.

Jesus was of the Aryan Nordic race, walked among the people as one of their own. These theories usually also include the reasoning that Jesus was Aryan because Galilee was an Aryan region, but have not gained scholarly acceptance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an...rance_of_Jesus
            Last edited by Darkstar; 02-28-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Jesus is a good player but all the hype is because he’s Asian. Black SOG's do what he does every night and don’t get the same praise

Jokes aside.

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus so id say he was more transparent.

Comment

I find it very hard to believe that Jesus was white or looked any different to what you would see in that time period and part of the world at that time.

Using the Hadiths as reference is unreliable since there are so many historical errors in them and the Quran regarding the life of Jesus and the people before him.

I think Jesus was a Hebrew, darker skin, not African black but looked like everyone else of that time period.

It's common knowledge among historians that European artists deliberately made him white with blue eyes to appeal to Europeans and convert more of them. I don't think a brown Jesus would have gone over well in Northern Europe.

Comment

Jesus is a little tan and about 5-9. He lives down the block from me.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    Purple and Gold
                    Heard Jesus dropped 81 pts in a game once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
                      The real question is, if he was black would they still worship him?
                      The real question is does any subject exist about which you don't possess an unjustifiably ridiculous opinion?

Comment

Working...
                      X