No announcement yet.

What color was Jesus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    She was of Macedonian/Greek descent. .......

You just keep posting the same crap without putting up any info from any sources. Like I said there are no credible souces that say Cleopatra was white. We do know that she was Egyptian however and none of their hieroglyphs look like white people.

Again I'm going off the Bible which is the most credible source of Jesus' ancestry. It clearly states that Jesus had a dark complexion and had black ancestry. Take it how you want but your wrong clearly.

Comment

She was of Macedonian/Greek descent. There is a reason why she spoke Greek and everything was translated into greek. Luckily that was the case since it helped solve the Egyptian language.

She wasn't a Black princess. Cleopatra was here name too. Think about what kind of name that is in origin.
      Let's leave it at that.

As far as Jesus, I don't think he was Black either but far from "white."

Bronze is more like it. Kind of like my friend's father who is an Israeli who has a darker complexion, and gets very dark in the summer time. Has thick curly hair. Middle-Eastern people.

However, it depends on who Yeshua's father was. If is Father was Roman, let's say from a Soldier having sex with his mother (since somebody had to do it and the story seems suspect)...then he would be a mix of Roman and whatever you want to say his mother was. Roman/Middle-Eastern baby. Or even some guy she knew in the neighborhood she chilled with. Either way, that would make Mary a "harlot."

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
      You just keep posting the same crap without putting up any info from any sources. Like I said there are no credible souces that say Cleopatra was white. We do know that she was Egyptian however and none of their hieroglyphs look like white people.

Again I'm going off the Bible which is the most credible source of Jesus' ancestry. It clearly states that Jesus had a dark complexion and had black ancestry. Take it how you want but your wrong clearly.

Both of you, watch this video, and look through the pages of comments and look at how people just go to war over what race she was, it's insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gacl8...eature=related

Comment

I have a friend that was born and lives in South Africa. She is "white" from European descendants. She doesn't look like all her neighbors.

Cleopatra, was a descendant of Macedonians. They conquered the land. They do know that. And they do know what was written and how the culture was at the time. And they do have sculptures of her and some coins.

Egyptians made Alexander the Great look like they wanted when they carved him in their image as well. But that doesn't mean he was of that splitting image of how they made him look. Her sculpture looks like how her descendants are said to have looked. Similar features.

Oh, and the Romans did see her and there are some descriptions but no mention of her skin color. None mention she was "dark" either. So, and yes I'm guessing, I would say they didn't mention it because she was the "norm" of what they are accustomed to seeing.

First, you have to prove he existed. That book is filled with some crazy stories. His story for example, pretty crazy and unreliable in belief. Not only that, but it was told before.

And would that be a first-hand account of him???

As far as his look, go to the Middle-East.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          Both of you, watch this video, and look through the pages of comments and look at how people just go to war over what race she was, it's insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gacl8...eature=related
          It's pretty funny actually.

Comment

Light brown, or like white tan. He wasn't pale blond nor was he black. Big nose for sure and long facial fixtures. Most likely had a 'fro and an ugly untamed beard.

Comment

I have a friend that was born and lives in South Africa. She is "white" from European descendants. She doesn't look like all her neighbors.

Cleopatra, was a descendant of Macedonians. They conquered the land. They do know that. And they do know what was written and how the culture was at the time. And they do have sculptures of her and some coins.

Egyptians made Alexander the Great look like they wanted when they carved him in their image as well. But that doesn't mean he was of that splitting image of how they made him look. Her sculpture looks like how her descendants are said to have looked. Similar features.

Oh, and the Romans did see her and there are some descriptions but no mention of her skin color. None mention she was "dark" either. So, and yes I'm guessing, I would say they didn't mention it because she was the "norm" of what they are accustomed to seeing.

First, you have to prove he existed. That book is filled with some crazy stories. His story for example, pretty crazy and unreliable in belief. Not only that, but it was told before.

And would that be a first-hand account of him???

As far as his look, go to the Middle-East.
              Been there done that, the people over there have brown to black complexion. None of them are white so you fail. If you don't believe what the Bible says then you don't believe Jesus exists. But if you imagine yourself a christian then you believe in the Bible, and "that book" gave clear references to Jesus not being white.

As for the Egyptians I guess they just made all of their hieroglyphs, paintings, and statues of brown/black people for kicks then. They were all white and imagined their skin being dark for fun lol!

Comment

Been there done that, the people over there have brown to black complexion. None of them are white so you fail. If you don't believe what the Bible says then you don't believe Jesus exists. But if you imagine yourself a christian then you believe in the Bible, and "that book" gave clear references to Jesus not being white.

As for the Egyptians I guess they just made all of their hieroglyphs, paintings, and statues of brown/black people for kicks then. They were all white and imagined their skin being dark for fun lol!
                well it describes Jesus as having hair like wool (which would be dark not white like most believe)

Also, the Egyptians had drawings of black nubians which weren't considered Egyptians at all but they would war with them and held many as slaves.

I personally think Jesus would look much like the people of that region look today, Arab / Hebrew looking, brown skin, drk brown eyes but not African black IMO.

Comment

If Jesus did exist and the bible stories are true, I would think he'd look Middle Eastern or something, not black or white.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    well it describes Jesus as having hair like wool (which would be dark not white like most believe)

Also, the Egyptians had drawings of black nubians which weren't considered Egyptians at all but they would war with them and held many as slaves.

I personally think Jesus would look much like the people of that region look today, Arab / Hebrew looking, brown skin, drk brown eyes but not African black IMO.
                    Your right it's most likely that Jesus was mostly Semetic but he had some black ancestry as noted by the bible. I listed the info earlier in this argument:

Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

"Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors s/he is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color."
                    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Your right it's most likely that Jesus was mostly Semetic but he had some black ancestry as noted by the bible. I listed the info earlier in this argument:

Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem. However, ethnically and racially, they were mixed Semitic and Hamitic from the times spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon.

"Rahab and probably Tamar were Canaanites. Although Canaanites spoke a Semitic language, they were descendants of Ham through his son Canaan. Bethsheba, who had been the wife of Uriah the Hittite, probably was a Hittite herself, possibly a Hamitic Hittite, though scholars disagree on the precise identity of the "Hittites" in the Bible because historical records are quite scarce.

In the United States today the general view on whether someone is "black" is the One-Drop Rule -- if a person has any black ancestors s/he is considered "black", even with a clearly Anglo skin color."
                      That view came out of ignorance and racism and is an old view.
                      More ignorant than what we are talking about right now like it matters that this character, Jesus, from this book, is black, white, brown, or whatever.

Have you even realize the point of this discussion yet?

why would it matter anyway?
                      What does that have to do with his teachings since that is what he is supposed to be known for.

In the end, the human race is going to have to be in one big party. Some got more than a tan than others...so what.

You can learn from people all over the world.
                      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-21-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X