No announcement yet.

Magic: "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Yeah, I remember when that was first mentioned and I thought it was a good idea...except they would have to get rid of the coach most likely.

Orlando has a solid team and looks like it is ready to win if they just can get the right formula together. That formula may have been Lebron and a new coach.

I'm not sure what their cap space was but Lebron did seem fit on joining Bosh somewhere.

They did say he tried to lure him to Cleveland and Bosh was like...NOOOOO
    bosh just like lebron is spineless. why would he join wade and not lebron?

Comment

as far as legacy is concerned, lebron going to miami is a terrible move no matter how much you spin this.

but hey, there's really nothing wrong with aspiring to be a pippen instead of a jordan.

some ppl are meant to be doctors while others are ok with being a nurse.

to each his own i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post
        bosh just like lebron is spineless. why would he join wade and not lebron?
        Former/current players talk about the Power of Pat Riley once he gets into your ear.

The funny thing is, when everybody was talking about "where will Lebron go," I heard Chris Rock bring up the possibility of Lebron going to Miami because Pat Riley will smooth talk him. And when Pat Riley has cap space, rings on his fingers, and Miami to show you...it's hard to pass up. So Bosh went there and Lebron was going to be stuck in Cleveland.

It would have been like your friends going out to have fun while you are locked up in your house...in Cleveland.

Comment

Former/current players talk about the Power of Pat Riley once he gets into your ear.

The funny thing is, when everybody was talking about "where will Lebron go," I heard Chris Rock bring up the possibility of Lebron going to Miami because Pat Riley will smooth talk him. And when Pat Riley has cap space, rings on his fingers, and Miami to show you...it's hard to pass up. So Bosh went there and Lebron was going to be stuck in Cleveland.

It would have been like your friends going out to have fun while you are locked up in your house...in Cleveland.

they can party all they want but i'll make sure I'm the one banging all the hotties..

lebron could have easily swayed away from his "friends" and make his own party. but i guess it's just not his nature.. a couple of years in college could have helped him in his decision making i presume..

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post

they can party all they want but i'll make sure I'm the one banging all the hotties..

lebron could have easily swayed away from his "friends" and make his own party. but i guess it's just not his nature.. a couple of years in college could have helped him in his decision making i presume..
            College basketball when Jordan, Bird, and Magic played was highly competitive. Today's college basketball is nothing like it used to be. It made you competitive. 3+ years of wanting to beat that other team...and you aren't getting paid to do it. Well, not compared to the NBA players...just to keep it real.

There is a positive to all of this that is a good thing that he is the anti-Jordan.

Jordan was built and promoted on selfishness. Despite needing a great team around him, and showing he couldn't do it by himself; all you heard about was JORDAN...JORDAN...JORDAN.

"I want to be...I want to be...I want to be like Mike."
            Not the Bulls; "like Mike."

Yeah, so much for the ****ing team.

Now Lebron passes up on "ME" and becomes "WE." Back to "team" in order to WIN.

Just like they did for the Olympics. It was the USA team. Of course Jordan knew that as well and he put his ego aside for the Olympic Team.

Either way, his choice. He is not Jordan. But maybe it isn't a bad thing either.

You live once and you may want to live happy. Once your dead, that's it. Your legacy, fades away until it vanishes.

Miami, Money, Hot Women, playing ball with your friends, being mentored by Pat Riley...WINNING....or cleveland.
            Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-21-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

College basketball when Jordan, Bird, and Magic played was highly competitive. Today's college basketball is nothing like it used to be. It made you competitive. 3+ years of wanting to beat that other team...and you aren't getting paid to do it. Well, not compared to the NBA players...just to keep it real.

There is a positive to all of this that is a good thing that he is the anti-Jordan.

Jordan was built and promoted on selfishness. Despite needing a great team around him, and showing he couldn't do it by himself; all you heard about was JORDAN...JORDAN...JORDAN.

"I want to be...I want to be...I want to be like Mike."
              Not the Bulls; "like Mike."

Yeah, so much for the ****ing team.

Now Lebron passes up on "ME" and becomes "WE." Back to "team" in order to WIN.

Just like they did for the Olympics. It was the USA team. Of course Jordan knew that as well and he put his ego aside for the Olympic Team.

Either way, his choice. He is not Jordan. But maybe it isn't a bad thing either.

You live once and you may want to live happy. Once your dead, that's it. Your legacy, fades away until it vanishes.

Miami, Money, Hot Women, playing ball with your friends, being mentored by Pat Riley...WINNING....or cleveland.
              not bad.

not bad at all.

Comment

Cool to hear these greats talk about "back in the day". Magic was and always be a great in my opinion.

Comment

He couldn't go to NY because NY is ****. Let's be honest. It very expensive, STD haven, and the Knicks suck. And playing in the "Garden" is overrated. Yeah, maybe 20+ years ago...but Madonna was hot 25+ years ago to. How does she look now?

The Nets were an option but it is still the Nets. Two years away from going to Brooklyn, maybe. And you would still be in Brooklyn. No offense. It's not Miami. And who knows how long it will take to build that team up to win within the next few years when Lebron needs to win now.
                  you can't be serious dude. first thing first, he's rich, nyc being an expensive city means jack****, second, you call it an std haven and then you go and say that brooklyn ain't miami? well what the **** is miami? is it some amish town?

playing in the garden is overrated?

why, have you played there?

it something people like you don't understand.

the heat where in the playoffs last year, and that miami stadium, or what ever the **** they call it barely had any fans in it. people in south beach don't care about basketball, which is why he went there. he though he was going to go there, and if he failed, he'd get a pass because of it.
                  Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 07-21-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X