No announcement yet.

Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    I was just about to say this, where I come from, that **** will get you tried even faster...
    Thats what Im talkin about. Looking tough and not being able to fight is very unfortunate where Im from.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      Thats what Im talkin about. Looking tough and not being able to fight is very unfortunate where Im from.
      I have a good story about a bodybuilder, true story.

Comment

Comment

Please relate to us this story good fellow.

A riveting tale is quite in order!

Comment

Yeh ive heard that one before G....

Comment

No. Buff guys have a built in defense because smaller guys are hesitant to swing on them. But most muscular guys can't hang in a fight with someone who stands up to them and knows how to handle themselves.

Comment

It boggles my mind when somebody talks about "submitting" someone in a street fight.

Really? Have you ever witnessed a single street fight in your entire life?

The only submission you are gonna see is when some little ***g*t who thinks he knows Jiu Jitsu tries to take down a 275lb hulk and gets strangled to death in a headlock the first time he tries to grab the bigger man.

No muscles are not the most practicle thing for fighting but the average trained fighter isn't gonna be able to overcome a difference of 100 lbs against someone who has 3 times their physical strength in a closed quarters fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  It boggles my mind when somebody talks about "submitting" someone in a street fight.

Really? Have you ever witnessed a single street fight in your entire life?

The only submission you are gonna see is when some little ***g*t who thinks he knows Jiu Jitsu tries to take down a 275lb hulk and gets strangled to death in a headlock the first time he tries to grab the bigger man.

No muscles are not the most practicle thing for fighting but the average trained fighter isn't gonna be able to overcome a difference of 100 lbs against someone who has 3 times their physical strength in a closed quarters fight.

I trained brazillian jiu jitsu for 5-7 years, wrestled for 2 years, and I have this same attitude.

Seriously, pros? I know how to stop a guy punching me in the face if he is on top of me by tying him up.

Cons?

his friends will kick you in the head

he will bite you

he will claw at your eyes and any part of your body

any submission you do can be used against you in court

landing on concrete is much different then being gently tackled to a gym mat.

impossible to quickly escape, especially from a weapon

In a life depends on it street fight? No I dont like it. Give me 3 5-minute rounds and only one opponent? Oh hell yes its fantastic! But not in a street fight of 7 seconds and people wanting to hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
                    I trained brazillian jiu jitsu for 5-7 years, wrestled for 2 years, and I have this same attitude.

Seriously, pros? I know how to stop a guy punching me in the face if he is on top of me by tying him up.

Cons?

his friends will kick you in the head

he will bite you

he will claw at your eyes and any part of your body

any submission you do can be used against you in court

What if you do the Tea Bagga?

ie There squarin up to you about to punch you in the face you cry fall to your kness there looking all confused and you bite there balls

Can that be used against you seeing how its not a Official Submission
                    just one PB does all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                      What if you do the Tea Bagga?

ie There squarin up to you about to punch you in the face you cry fall to your kness there looking all confused and you bite there balls

Can that be used against you seeing how its not a Official Submission
                      just one PB does all the time?
                      I got jumped a couple years back while I was on the ground gettin kicked I reached up and grabbed dudes balls and squeezed as hard as I could he screaned like a *****

Comment

Working...
                      X