No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter

A marksman living in exile is coaxed back into action after learning of a plot to kill the president. Ultimately double-crossed and framed for the attempt, he goes on the run to track the real killer and find out who exactly set him up, and why.

This movie was very entertaining, somewhat fast paced and worth a watch. The action was good, the script was good as well as the acting. Had a pretty good cast which starred Mark Wahlberg as the main character, Also had Danny Glover, Michael Pena, and Kata Mara.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• Shutter Island

It's 1954, and up-and-coming U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels is assigned to investigate the disappearance of a patient from Boston's Shutter Island Ashecliffe Hospital. He's been pushing for an assignment on the island for personal reasons, but before long he wonders whether he hasn't been brought there as part of a twisted plot by hospital doctors whose radical treatments range from unethical to illegal to downright sinister. Teddy's shrewd investigating skills soon provide a promising lead, but the hospital refuses him access to records he suspects would break the case wide open. As a hurricane cuts off communication with the mainland, more dangerous criminals "escape" in the confusion, and the puzzling, improbable clues multiply, Teddy begins to doubt everything - his memory, his partner, even his own sanity.

Well usually I find Martin Scorsese films and Leonardo DiCaprio is one of those guys who you usually see in top class films. In my opinion that was not close to what I expected and was rather disappointed. The CGI / Greenscreen was too obvious which was a bummer. The acting was good the story ok but it wasnt even a thriller as it was billed, the psychological part was but other than that it wasnt much of anything else.

Rocco Rating 6 out 10

Comment

• Elite Squad 2: The Enemy Within

I was watching this earlier today; I saw its reviews on rotten tomatoes and decided to check it out. The language spoken is Portugese(Made in Brazil) but I got subs so its all good. Great movie here. To summarize its about the corruption of the politicians and the cops within a special ops team. The good guys spend their time trying to figure out who is behind the killings in the slums, while the bad guys up top make all the orders for those below to do their bidding and leave no trail. It came out last year, one of the best movies I've seen this year. Check it out. 9/10

Comment

• Arena

Starring:Samuel L. Jackson & Kellan Lutz

let's just say that it was horrible and the fight scenes are so overdone that it makes the equally terrible "Abduction" look like a classic which is still not saying much.

1/10

Comment

• Hanna

Hanna is a teenage girl. Uniquely, she has the strength, the stamina, and the smarts of a soldier; these come from being raised by her father, an ex-CIA man, in the wilds of Finland. Living a life unlike any other teenager, her upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. The turning point in her adolescence is a sharp one; sent into the world by her father on a mission, Hanna journeys stealthily across Europe while eluding agents dispatched after her by a ruthless intelligence operative with secrets of her own . As she nears her ultimate target, Hanna faces startling revelations about her existence and unexpected questions about her humanity.

This movie is an action packed ride with great action scenes, great acting, great story, and the best part in my opinion was the music they played during some of the scenes it just made it feel that much more powerful. I would highly recommend this film to anyone and would definitely watch this movie again and again.

Rocco Rating 9 out 10

Comment

• Captain America

It is 1942, America has entered World War II, and sickly but determined Steve Rogers is frustrated at being rejected yet again for military service. Everything changes when Dr. Erksine recruits him for the secret Project Rebirth. Proving his extraordinary courage, wits and conscience, Rogers undergoes the experiment and his weak body is suddenly enhanced into the maximum human potential. When Dr. Erksine is then immediately assassinated by an agent of Nazi Germany's head of its secret HYDRA research department, Johann Schmidt aka the Red Skull, Rogers is left as a unique man who is initially misused as a propaganda mascot. However, when his comrades need him, Rogers goes on a successful adventure that truly makes him Captain America and his war against Schmidt begins.

I thought this movie was pretty well made, the acting was ok the action scenes were alright and the cgi wasnt too badly done. Not nearly as good as Thor imo but still worth a watch. The story was done well and the cast was good too overall an ok movie to check out although not a rewatch.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Limitless

With his writing career dragging and his girlfriend casting him off, Eddie Morra's life turns around when he takes a drug that provides astonishing mental focus -- but its deadly side effects threaten his future.

Thought this movie was ok, nothing special but held my attention no problem. The few action scenes were good, the cast was even better, the story was well put together into movie form but to me it just lacked in the overall of everything. It was kinda like a trainspotting/snatch feeling movie but not as good.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• This thread needs to be stickied.

Comment

• Princess of Montpensier (2010)

Make no mistake, this is a chick flick, but if you're gonna sit through a chick flick with a nice lady friend, you could do a whole lot worse than this. Basically, it's about this really hot chick (Mélanie Thierry, looking fantastic in one of them push up bra corset things) who has to marry some prince in an arranged marriage even though she's in love with some other dude, who, of course, is real salty about losing his broad. There's a war going on, so while there's a romantic storyline, there's also plenty of bloody violence in some well choreographed battle scenes. Plus, homegirl gets naked. It's a French flick, so there are subtitles and also be warned that the movie is over 2 hours long. It's a pretty good movie, though. 7.5 out of 10.

Comment

• Mutants (2009)

French zombie flick. The first 15 minutes are the best part of the movie then it devolves into some rather average, run of the mill action. There's an attempt to do a "love story," and as ridiculous as it sounds, it might've worked, but the movie doesn't really explore that angle very well. The zombies in this are some fast, strong motherfuckers, but are under utilized. Disappointing 6 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X