Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fountain...It's a great movie, very mysterious.

Comment

• Originally posted by INJECT View Post
      I was thinking of 'all the real girls'

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
        Centurian (2010)

This was the most entertaining movie I've watched in a long time. I love these historical epics, and this one didn't disappoint me.

The story and dialogue had it's flaws, and there were the usual historical innacuracies. But if you just want to be entertained, you won't be disappointed in this one. The battle scenes were amazingly realistic.

A Roman legion marches into Caledonia, now known as Scotland, during the early second century BC. A great battle takes place, and there are seven Roman survivors who cross many miles of rugged country to try to find their way back into Roman Britain. The cinematography was breathtakingly beautiful and the locations were very smartly chosen.

There's a very beautiful actress I hadn't see before in this one, playing the role of a Caledonian witch: Imogen Poots.

8 out of 10
        I love this genre as well, but I've tried to watch it 4 times, and fell asleep everytime. I think the most I've gotten into it was 30 minutes. It wasn't bad or extremely boring tho.

Comment

• The Runaways (2010)

Believe it or not, I barely knew who Kristen Stewart was before seeing this. It wasn't until after that I realized she's the chick from the Twilight movies (I'm really out of touch with popular shit these days). As it turns out, she is the best thing about the movie, doing a respectable impression of Joan Jett, especially in her mannerisms.

Anyways, I dig the concept of an all girl rock band in the '70s so I was expecting to like this and for the most part I did. Still, the movie has flaws. As a story, it kinda falters towards the end. And then there's small details that bugged me (characters using words there weren't common in the '70s and some of the extras not looking right, either their clothes look too new or they just don't fit the parts... I know, small shit but it really does matter... to me at least, ha ha).

The film tries to be raw (the first thing we see is Dakota Fanning's menstrual blood) and it does show drugs and lesbianism, but at the same time it seems like it's just for show and they don't really explore the shit deeper, which would have made for a better movie, IMO.

It was kind of weird seeing Dakota Fanning grown up now. I remember her being a good child actor but I think this role might have been a bit too much for her. Her performance is kind of uneven and lacking. Michael Shannon as the svengali manager is good and provides comic relief.

I don't know, I'll give it a 6.5 or a 7 if being generous.

Comment

• The Rules of Attraction (2002)

Re-watched this the other night just to get a super hot Shannyn Sossamon fix (Jessica Biel looks fantastic doing blow in this movie too). This movie is based on a Bret Easton Ellis book, which I never read, but supposedly one of the main characters is supposed to be the brother of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. That should give you an idea of what the characters are like in this flick... crazy.

Director Roger Avery delivers big time. The movie is pretty inventive. It's about spoiled rich college kids and their decadent ways. It explores how the person you fall in love with is usually in love with somebody else who is love with somebody else... if that makes sense.

Anyways, if you haven't seen it, check it out. The movie has a lot of gay shit in it but it doesn't matter it's funny as hell. There's a hilarious dude whose name is Richard but insists everybody calls him "Dick." Lmao.

My favorite scene is probably this one character's 2 min recap of his European vacation. It's awesome.

9 out of 10.

Comment

• Black Dynamite (2009)

Finally saw this after a year of wanting to and my friends telling me it was good. I wasn't disappointed.

First off, this movie is well executed, nailing the blaxploitation genre look and feel to a tee. Star Michael Jai White is great in this and so is the supporting cast. The writing kicks ass too.

As a bonus, there's homages to different movies for those who have seen a lot of blaxploitation flicks.

Anyways, this is kind of a vague review, but just watch it when you want to chill and laugh. 8.5 out of 10.

Comment

• Watched the Fourth Kind last night...

As far as entertainment value goes, I give it a 9 out of 10...

My eyes were stuck to the tv for 90 mins

Sucks that it's fake.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  Watched the Fourth Kind last night...

As far as entertainment value goes, I give it a 9 out of 10...

My eyes were stuck to the tv for 90 mins

Sucks that it's fake.
                  might even be a 10/10.

**SPOILER ALERT**

crazy when the little girl dissapears

Comment

• FOURTH KIND SPOILER

I don't understand how you make a movie that says "ACTUAL FOOTAGE"

And it isn't.

Like wtf.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      FOURTH KIND SPOILER

I don't understand how you make a movie that says "ACTUAL FOOTAGE"

And it isn't.

Like wtf.
                      right?

10 thumbs down

Comment

Working...
                      X