No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bigger Stronger Faster"

This is a documentary based on Steroids and their many uses as well as the ups and downs of using them when they are right and when they are wrong. There are numerous interviews with doctors, trainers, users and non users. This documentary is very well put together and thought provoking a must see to all you documentary lovers.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
      "Bigger Stronger Faster"

This is a documentary based on Steroids and their many uses as well as the ups and downs of using them when they are right and when they are wrong. There are numerous interviews with doctors, trainers, users and non users. This documentary is very well put together and thought provoking a must see to all you documentary lovers.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10
      Great watch if you're into sports or are participating in them. Brings out the bare-bones truth of steroids from a truly unbiased point of view.

Comment

"Bigger Stronger Faster"

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10
        Originally posted by Big Bricks View Post
        Great watch if you're into sports or are participating in them. Brings out the bare-bones truth of steroids from a truly unbiased point of view.
        Great documentary, unlike most mainstream documentaries it gives both sides of the coin with steroids and really opens up the world of steroids.

Comment

• "A Haunting in Conneticuit"

Well I saw this movie when it first came out but didnt remember it too well so I watched it again. This movie actually had a chill factor for a few parts. Not that it was scary but more thrilling than anything. This was based on a true story and made really well. If your into these types of movies then you'll probably like it

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• "Felon"

So I just finished this movie that starred Stephen Dorf and Val Kilmer and must say it was a very well done movie, never heard of it before just saw it scrolling through the movies on Netflix and decided to watch it and was very pleased. Its about a guy that chases an intruder that was in his house outside with a baseball bat and when the guy made a move like he had a gun he hit him with the bat killing him and gets incarcerated for murder. During his stay he goes through alot of crap leading to him being set up for something he didnt do by the guards. Val Kilmer was also an inmate that was there giving him advice through his time in jail. Very good movie and a great watch recommend it if you havent seen it.

Rocco Rating: 8 out of 10

Comment

• Damn Rocco. I get through a lot of movies!

Comment

"Felon"

So I just finished this movie that starred Stephen Dorf and Val Kilmer and must say it was a very well done movie, never heard of it before just saw it scrolling through the movies on Netflix and decided to watch it and was very pleased. Its about a guy that chases an intruder that was in his house outside with a baseball bat and when the guy made a move like he had a gun he hit him with the bat killing him and gets incarcerated for murder. During his stay he goes through alot of crap leading to him being set up for something he didnt do by the guards. Val Kilmer was also an inmate that was there giving him advice through his time in jail. Very good movie and a great watch recommend it if you havent seen it.

Rocco Rating: 8 out of 10
                Ye I liked this one a lot, almost didn't recognise Val Kilmer there for a bit.

Went on to see some Coen brothers films these days.

Miller's Crossing

Well put together movie that benefits from some great performances, expecially Byrne's and Turturo's. I wish I would of seen Byrne do more big screen work and less television. It's basicaly a 1930's gangster movie but with the Coens nothing is that simple, the plot is a bit entagled but clears up later on, actualy I think someone mentioned it here before.

9/10

The Ladykillers

Now this is a remake I think, haven't seen the original, I liked it, lot of subtle and dark humor,more Coen trademarks but it's not missing the over the top jokes either. Tom Hanks delivers in a difficult role, the directing is good, got some laughs out of me overall.

8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Venoame View Post
                  Ye I liked this one a lot, almost didn't recognise Val Kilmer there for a bit.

Went on to see some Coen brothers films these days.

Miller's Crossing

Well put together movie that benefits from some great performances, expecially Byrne's and Turturo's. I wish I would of seen Byrne do more big screen work and less television. It's basicaly a 1930's gangster movie but with the Coens nothing is that simple, the plot is a bit entagled but clears up later on, actualy I think someone mentioned it here before.

9/10

The Ladykillers

Now this is a remake I think, haven't seen the original, I liked it, lot of subtle and dark humor,more Coen trademarks but it's not missing the over the top jokes either. Tom Hanks delivers in a difficult role, the directing is good, got some laughs out of me overall.

8/10
                  yeah I thought it was Jeff Bridges until I started recognizing the voice a bit and was like wait that sounds like the guy who played batman like 10 years back. Then I really looked at him and was like holy hell thats Val Kilmer and throughout the whole movie I was amazed at why Jeff Bridges wasnt listed in the credits. Look at Val Kilmer and look at Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski...........they are twins man

Comment

• Machete (2010)
                    Balls to the wall bad ass just like you thought this movie would be, Machete delivers big time in gore and laughs. WARNING: The violence is extreme, but it's often so funny and happens so fast you'll be cracking the **** up.

The performances are very good in what's supposed to be a deliberate b-movie. Cheech still steals the show, but I think Steven Seagal is the most hilarious dude in the flick. And Bobby "Money" DeNiro still shines as a corrupt senator.

There's plenty of eye candy too. Jessica Alba looks hella good but don't sleep on Michelle Rodriguez's banging body! You won't forget Lyndsey Lohan either. (Note: Make sure you see the movie from the beginning or you will miss out on some incredible naked chick.)

Machete himself, Señor Danny Trejo, is masterful in the lead role. The ese is just cool as hell. My favorite line of his was: "Machete don't text."

Most definitely try to see this flick a little drunk or lifted.

¡Viva Machete!

10/10
                    Last edited by Libido Sanchez; 09-04-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Damn Rocco. I get through a lot of movies!
                      yeah man well I work 6 12 hour days in a row slow or busy doesnt matter I'm here so I kill my time talking on here and watching movies on netflix during my work day

Comment

Working...
                      X