No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    Dark City (sci-fi / crime / mystery) (1998) (imdb)

Probably Alex Proyas' best film; it's dark, cerebral and did 'The Matrix' a year before The Matrix. It's regarded as a bit of a cult classic. Also, Jennifer Connelly is fucking hot.

8/10
    Just watched this one, really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venoame View Post
      Just watched this one, really good.
      If you haven't already seen them, check out:

- Strange Days
      - Gattaca
      - 12 Monkeys
      - Moon
      - 13th Floor
      - Brazil
      - Los cronocrímenes (Timecrimes)

If you enjoyed Dark City you'll probably enjoy these.

Comment

• i saw the expendables,it is a flop,the actors and the film should get a lot of razzies

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          If you haven't already seen them, check out:

- Strange Days
          - Gattaca
          - 12 Monkeys
          - Moon
          - 13th Floor
          - Brazil
          - Los cronocrímenes (Timecrimes)

If you enjoyed Dark City you'll probably enjoy these.
          12 Monkeys is a classic in my book, Moon was also great, Sam Rockwell did a good job (shows you can do sci-fi with a low budget). Will give the others a try these days, thanks!

Comment

• "Walmart: The high cost of low prices"

So after watching this documentary I can honestly say that everything they said in that film I pretty much already knew. There were a few points that got me thinking but spent 80 minutes talking about how bad Walmart is for various reasons and 10 minutes on how to prevent one from getting into your town.

Rocco Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• "Food Inc"

So after hearing alot about this film and how it changed alot of peoples views on what they eat I can honestly say it's not going to change mine. I eat whatevers available and tastes good to me. I used to be a farmer and knew all the processing ways and ways they raise them to grow bigger faster and all that so it didnt really impact my views too much. I do agree though that food should be labeled properly for everyone to be able to see what they are eating but thats about it.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Watched an oldie called Harvey with Jimmy Stewart last night. Too bad they don't make movies like they used to.

Comment

• The Exam

This is 2009 movie from the UK. Unfamiliar with any of the actors but the characters were played well. This is one of those thrillers where you get a puzzle and you and the characters spend the entire movie trying to figure out. Long story short, I liked it.

Rating 8/10

Comment

• Drag Me to Hell - 8/10

You like the horror genre? Haven't been satisfied with any of the ones that have come out in the past 10 years? Well look no further, Drag Me to Hell is bringing back some of that old horror essence that has been lost in past films. Directed by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead/Spiderman trilogy), it's a fantastic horror film that's god some flaws but in the end it is a very satisfying movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
                      "Food Inc"

So after hearing alot about this film and how it changed alot of peoples views on what they eat I can honestly say it's not going to change mine. I eat whatevers available and tastes good to me. I used to be a farmer and knew all the processing ways and ways they raise them to grow bigger faster and all that so it didnt really impact my views too much. I do agree though that food should be labeled properly for everyone to be able to see what they are eating but thats about it.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

i watched this on Sunday...i thought it was very informative

Comment

Working...
                      X