Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a thought provoking movie written by mind****er Charlie Kauffman about lovers tried to erase each other's memories

brilliant performances by Jim Carrey & Kate Winslet

if you like Inception, you'll definitely love this

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm View Post
      Watched "Unthinkable" a few nights ago. It started out kind of slow, but the more it picked up, the more I really liked it. There's a couple of jaw dropping "I can't believe that just happened" moments. Definitely not the greatest movie of all time, as one poster on here suggested. But it's certainly worth a watch.
      watched this one already as well. one scene just happened so fast, you would be thinking "did he really do that?" good call

Comment

• Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
        i watched "a walk to remember" last night

very sad, tear jerker of a movie

7/10

(i like chick flicks, dont judge me)
        good love story.

Comment

• Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 and 2

I would like to say Fox is scum for cancelling this show especially with die hard Terminator Fans like myself that watched it every week when it came out.
          So I just finished watching all 31 episodes again in order and I love it, awsome show, great action scenes, great cast, great acting.

Rocco Rating 10 out of 10

Comment

• Everything is Illuminated

I watched this the other night as the ladys pick from Netflix and was not impressed. It had funny parts and the story was good but it just wasnt my type of movie. If you like subtitles and stories based on history then this is your movie.

Rocco Rating: 6 out of 10

Comment

• Session 9

Based in Massachusetts supposed to be a Horror Movie taking place in a shut down mental institution needing to be cleaned from Asbestos. This team goes in and weird things start taking place. Was very interesting but far from scary more suspenseful than anything

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• Paranormal Entity

Watched this last night and didnt realize how similiar it was to "Paranormal Activity" nor did I realize it was made by "The Asylum" which made Paranormal Activity as well. Both movies were what is considered a Mockumentary. I thought the movies were both ok, not very scary to say the least. I liked the filming better in Paranormal Activity but liked the story better in Paranormal Entity.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10
                Last edited by rocco1252; 08-19-2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Brilliantly directed; emotive and humorous storyline. Nicholson was superb but surprisingly I was more impressed with the performance of Louise Fletcher as the Nurse. Her facial expressions were psychotic and stoic.

Quick review cbb.

I give it a 8.5/10

Comment

• South Parks "Imaginationland"

It's a 3 part episode that you saw on tv but was editted like crazy, I just watched the Directors Cut which was unedited and made into like an hour long movie. It meshe's together far better than the 3 seperate episode like you saw on tv. Lots of vulgarities some great action scenes and some of the characters in imaginationland were just fantastic especially seeing them with SouthPark style animation.

Rocco Rating 9 out of 10

Comment

• A Prophet / Un prophète (crime / drama) (2009) (imdb)

One of the best films of recent times. Awesome in every aspect: art direction, plot, character development, everything. It's about a small time criminal's rise to the status of crime boss while he serves a six year stay in a prison with a population divided between Muslims and Corsicans.

10/10

The Killer / Dip huet seung hung (crime / action) (1989) (imdb)

In my opinion John Woo's finest hour, this film is the standard bearer for stylised gun play and a must watch for any action fan.

8/10

Primer (sci-fi / drama / thriller) (2004) (imdb)

I don't quite understand everything that happened, but I know it was great. The film is a massive mindfuck, but not in a cheesy 'The Prestige' way, nor in a baffling, pretentious 'The Fountain' way. One of the most innovative sci-fi's of the past 10 years, amazingly produced on just a $7000 budget.

9/10

Dark City (sci-fi / crime / mystery) (1998) (imdb)

Probably Alex Proyas' best film; it's dark, cerebral and did 'The Matrix' a year before The Matrix. It's regarded as a bit of a cult classic. Also, Jennifer Connelly is fucking hot.

8/10

Comment

Working...
                      X