No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just watched Wolf of Wall Street

WOW. this has got to be the craziest, wildest, naughtiest, most entertaining movie i've ever seen. That "overdosed lude" scene alone crack me up til the next day

all together now

Comment

• Re watched Fresh. Haven't seen it since I was about 10 or 11.

10/10. Excellent movie. One of the most underrated movies ever.

Comment

• Captain Phillips. Good. Quite tense throughout. Maybe a 7.5/10.

My only major gripe is that they didnt smash him in the mouth to make him stfu. Any decent pirate would of done that.

Comment

• the chaser...

damn what a film... where to start? what about stop reading this and start watching it?

the protagonist is so brilliantly written that even despite being a downright cruel *******, you'll find yourself cheering for the guy...

brilliant film... capped by one of the best fight scenes towards the end...

wonderful piece of work that reminded me why I like watching films in the first place...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            the chaser...

damn what a film... where to start? what about stop reading this and start watching it?

the protagonist is so brilliantly written that even despite being a downright cruel *******, you'll find yourself cheering for the guy...

brilliant film... capped by one of the best fight scenes towards the end...

wonderful piece of work that reminded me why I like watching films in the first place...
            is that the korean one?

i have that copy for a while now but haven't got to watch it

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              is that the korean one?

i have that copy for a while now but haven't got to watch it
              yup... do yourself a favor and watch the thing...

Comment

• Killing Them Softly.

Brad Pitt as a hitman being super cool. Ray Liotta being a pathetic whimpering punch bag. And some Ozzie actor who plays a disgusting junkie steals the show imo.

Good film. Some great scenes. And its all about the American economic collapse. But forget that. Its not important.

Kinda quirky off-beat simple mob film.

Comment

• Some recent movies I've watched, ranked from most to least liked:

-Dredd (a mixture of Robocop + The Raid, loved the Slow-Mo scenes)
                  -World War Z
                  -Pain & Gain
                  -Assault On Wall St.
                  -Ender's Game
                  -Pacific Rim (didn't hate it, just got a little overwhelmed with all the SFX by the end)

Comment

• Nymphomaniac Vol 1 and 2.

Amazing. Will elaborate soon.

Comment

• The Amazing Spiderman (1) - I really liked the production of the movie. Spiderman seemed like a less annoying version of Shia Lebeouf. Story was a copy of the original Toby Maguire trilogy. The equivalent of Maryjane in this movie was a right sort though. What was the deal with him creating his own webs instead of them coming from within?.

Comment

Working...
                      X