• Show
Clear All

• The campaign- a well made satire

9/10

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• The Grandmaster

7/10

this is maybe 4754969th Ip Man film that has been made. but this one took a different approach

it has good fight scenes but not in the sense of "my style is better than yours" beatdown that Donnie Yen's Ip Man showed. It's a Wong Kar Wai piece so expect some deep philosophical & subtle connections within each action scenes. Good acting from the cast especially Zhang-Ziyi, her best since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Comment

• Regarding Oldboy is it dubbed or subtitled i should be looking for?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post

9/10

one of the best sci-fi films i've seen, despite without visual effects

a couple of college professors gather to see their colleague one last time before he moves to another place, from there the conversations includes history, biology, religion until one of them reveal something that shocked the rest of them

go try this one fellas (it doesn't have explosions or action or anything, it's all dialogue)
          Just saw this & was surprised in how their convo morphed through the movie. It's an interesting concept & it'll be surprising for most that watch it.

Comment

• 2/10 for TWBB?

C'mon Free, that's one of the best movies of the 2000's by far.

Comment

• There Will Be Blood....you can have your own opinion, but the movie is considered by many a modern classic. Anderson is the bomb. Great movie.

I really want to see Mud, it got great reviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                There Will Be Blood....you can have your own opinion, but the movie is considered by many a modern classic. Anderson is the bomb. Great movie.

I really want to see Mud, it got great reviews.
                Matthew McConaughey has been an underrated actor for years (didn't help his case making so many cheesy rom-coms though), looking forward to him in Nolan's Interstellar.

Comment

• Looper

7.5/10

Would of gave it a 8 but i didn't like the ending

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Oblivion 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

This is the best sci-fi movie I've seen in years. Unlike Prometheus, which did not live up to my expectations, this one turned out to be better than I thought it would be. The plot is original and the screenwriting surpassed ordinary standards, without the annoyingly trite dialogue found in so many recent sci-fi flicks. The actors and actresses who played the four main characters - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko and Andrea Riseborough - were all wisely chosen for their roles and gave credible performances.
                    Ive read the film is a patchwork of ideas taken from other sci-fi films.
                    Id still watch it tho, when im in the mood for some half decent eye candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Ive read the film is a patchwork of ideas taken from other sci-fi films.
                      Id still watch it tho, when im in the mood for some half decent eye candy.
                      it is todays familiar sci-fi theme: post apocalyptic occupied earth

The Host, Oblivion, the incoming After Earth, Star Trek Into Darkness, Pacific Rim, Elysium
                      Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 05-15-2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X