Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Movies! Posters, releases and Discussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Movies! Posters, releases and Discussion!

In the spirit of the Great Great game Red Dead Redemption lets talk Western Movies. My personal favourite is The Good The Bad and The Ugly. the athmosphere, the battles, and the one liners are great. And it's a beauty to watch. I think I'm gonna start watching some Western movies, I like the idea of the lone gunslinger and absolute freedom.

Three of my favourites so far:

Any western movies you can recommend?

Check out this movie called "The Proposition".

Comment

Unforgiven and Good, Bad and Ugly.

TV shows? Deadwood. No other western tv show will ever challenge.

Oh and Back to the Future 3

Comment

"Once Upon a Time in the West"

"3:10 to Yuma" 2007 version

Comment

glad to hear you like red dead! im still playing the hell out of it

all great choices...mine?

John Wayne plays a very complex character that you want to like but has a deep routed hatred for native americans that makes him almost an antagonist

Not to be confused with a Leone flick but it is a fun movie and i like how Redford and Newman play off of each other

Stagecoach is considered one of the greatest directed movies of all time....Orson Welles actually said most of the inspiration for his directing style in Citizen Kane came from Stagecoach

Honorable mention should go to Open Range....

also if you have never seen the Lonesome Dove collection i suggest you go buy it. One of Robert Duvall's greatest performances and characters

Comment

one of my favorite scenes from Lonesome Dove

tell me this isnt badass

Comment

I still haven't seen Open Range.......I have a hard time thinking of Costner as a rough person. I guess it's because of Field of Dreams.

Comment

you dont **** with these old boys!

Comment

Originally posted by mc4574 View Post
                  I still haven't seen Open Range.......I have a hard time thinking of Costner as a rough person. I guess it's because of Field of Dreams.
                  he did well

but Robert Duvall made the movie IMO

Comment

Originally posted by mc4574 View Post
                    Check out this movie called "The Proposition".
                    Thank! I'll be checking it out soon!

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    glad to hear you like red dead! im still playing the hell out of it

all great choices...mine?

John Wayne plays a very complex character that you want to like but has a deep routed hatred for native americans that makes him almost an antagonist

also if you have never seen the Lonesome Dove collection i suggest you go buy it. One of Robert Duvall's greatest performances and characters
                    I've heard som very good reviews on The Searchers it's a classic right? With John Wayne himself

You know I gotta check it out.

Have you seen the movie Wild Bunch? Looks great, thinking about ordering it soon..

Comment

Working...
                    X