No announcement yet.

"Band Off" - Nirvana vs Radiohead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    In Bleach they had that solemn stance wherein when you hear it you'd say the band's tight and they had that artistic feel alongside the carefully chosen chops.

Post Sliver up to unplugged it suddenly became boring and pop-py, more mass appealed and seemed lacking it's utter core.

Just as much as Smashing Pumpkin's "Siamese Dream" is waaaayyyy more deep musically and artistically than post Mellon Collie.
    Couldnt disagree more.
    Bleach was a flat garage band album where they were finding their feet and although they wanted to put out a more obscure album, which they did in Insecicide, they felt they had to first gain an audience with a more acsessable album.

They progressed much more with Nevermind, and In Utero is their most artistic album. By then they had it down to a fine art and the lyrics are much more thoughtful and deeper than on any other album.
    Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    Going from guitars to using synthesizers and beat machines is sticking to the same formula?
    Same melodic formula, but they experimented with instruments and sounds like i said.

Comment

• A fair comparison would be to compare their first 4 years. (Nirvana only last 4 years).

Pablo Honey, The Bends, Ok Computer

VS

Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero.

Radiohead progressed more.
      Nirvana made IMO the better records.

And also take into consideration Radioheads 1st album came out in 93, the same year as In Utero. And they musty have been influenced by the whole grunge thing.

Comment

• 'Bleach' is actually a really self-conscious record overall. The scummy art-rock thing he was trying to go for on that has been done better by other acts who were naturals at it. He was emulating on that one.

It is not the 'real' or the 'best' of Nirvana's 3 albums proper. It's just the most obscure one.

It has some quintessential Nirvana moments, and is a very good record, though.

Comment

• Comment

• I changed my mind.

Radiohead are better all round.

I prefer Nirvana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
              A fair comparison would be to compare their first 4 years. (Nirvana only last 4 years).

Pablo Honey, The Bends, Ok Computer

VS

Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero.

Radiohead progressed more.
              Nirvana made IMO the better records.

And also take into consideration Radioheads 1st album came out in 93, the same year as In Utero. And they musty have been influenced by the whole grunge thing.
              Pablo Honey was garbage but its a gauge for how far they have come.

Radiohead i dont think have played one song from Pablo Honey since the Bends came out

i remember reading Thom getting mad at someone for telling him to play "creep"

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                Pablo Honey was garbage but its a gauge for how far they have come.

Radiohead i dont think have played one song from Pablo Honey since the Bends came out

i remember reading Thom getting mad at someone for telling him to play "creep"
                i love thom, but he's a bit of a dick.

Comment

• I liked Nirvana, but this isn't even close.

Radiohead are just in a different universe to Nirvana.

Comment

• Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
                    i love thom, but he's a bit of a dick.
                    majority of lead singers are.

its an ego thing

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                      majority of lead singers are.

its an ego thing
                      i kind like his rudeness though. he doesn't have lead vocalist syndrome, he just gets annoyed by idiots, and their are a lot of idiots in this world.

Comment

Working...
                      X