[BREAKING NEWS-OFFICAL] Israel boards Gaza-bound Rachel Corrie vessel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    rather be dead than red!
    Fair enough. But this country will be red from the inside within my lifetime. Without a shot being fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Fair enough. But this country will be red from the inside within my lifetime. Without a shot being fired.
      financially in the red.

Comment

financially in the red.
        We've been there since good ol FDR.

Sometime next year, our deficit will be greater than our GDP. Pretty cool, huh?

Comment

We've been there since good ol FDR.

Sometime next year, our deficit will be greater than our GDP. Pretty cool, huh?
          we're always in the red but it was always much less than our gdp.

now?

Comment

• i just lost 5 million points on yuri foreman.

i change my mind.

death to israel!

Comment

i just lost 5 million points on yuri foreman.

i change my mind.

death to israel!
              what were you thinking? benny leonard was a myth

Comment

i just lost 5 million points on yuri foreman.

i change my mind.

death to israel!
                for this display of wit i'm now going to proceed to take you off ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by t.boone.pickenz View Post
                  what were you thinking? benny leonard was a myth
                  he came out jittery.

he probably could have done better if his stupid knee didn't give out.

Comment

If what you're saying is true, Israel doesn't sound like a country stable enough to be allowed to own nuclear weapons.
                    Wouldn't argue with that, but North Korea, Iran (soon?) ?
                    And if you look at what had happended to the former Soviet Union dhould anyone own them? Different argument for a different day I guess

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    And what happens if all of the Palestinian refugees are allowed back into Israel and everyone gets an equal vote? Then you have Hamas in control of 300 nukes.
                    Good point although some in these threads would say Hamas are the peace lovers here! The hope would be that once the heat has gone out of this situation and a dialogue begins and differences are forgotten that the extremists on both sides will lose their support.

Comment

• "International humanitarian law prohibits starvation of civilians as a method of warfare ... It is also prohibited to impose collective punishment on the civilian population, so it is [for those reasons] that I have consistently reported to member states that the blockade is illegal and must be lifted," Pillay said.
                      [citation needed]

Seriously this is exactly the same parroting of some sort of party line "this blockade is illegal" or "Israel's actions are illegal under international law" or "Israel is illegally occupying blah blah blah" but at no point does anybody say "Under Article X, subsection N of the UN charter this blockade is in breach of clause Y".

Saying nothing about the moral question of whether the blockade is the right thing to do (I don't think it is) it does appear to be entirely legal. In fact Israel has a justification for the blockade (it is engaged in hostilities with another nation - unless you consider Palestine to be part of Israel which is doubtful) while the other nation with a locked border (Egypt) does not. And STILL Egypt appears to be exempt from criticism in this matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X