Mexico warns citizens over new Arizona immigration law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trim0 View Post
    Because the benefits of this, far outweigh your personal "convenience."
    You'll be stopped, you'll show your docs, and you'll get on with life.
    What if they stopped some convict who could possibly hurt you or your family? Think about it, the law isn't really punishing you for looking "Mexican."
    You truly have a misguided and naive perception of how this world actually works.

Comment

I'm against racial discrimination, but that's often used to bypass & get your way through illegal immigration. Often acts as a cover-up, it's wrong. 2 wrongs don't make it right.

Comment

I'm against racial discrimination, but that's often used to bypass & get your way through illegal immigration. Often acts as a cover-up, it's wrong. 2 wrongs don't make it right.
        you're not against racial discrimination because if you weren't so naive, you'd realize that people aren't responsible or educated enough to separate the 2. There WILL be abuses to this power and if you're ok with that, then you are more un-American than those not born here.

80% of serial killers are white. Is it ok to stop every white man between the ages of 30-50 and search their vehicle? The benefit would far outweigh your "convenience".

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          You truly have a misguided and naive perception of how this world actually works.
          Let me ask you this..
          How would you go on about deporting an illegal alien back to his original homeland?
          What is your action?

Comment

Let me ask you this..
            How would you go on about deporting an illegal alien back to his original homeland?
            What is your action?
            You place sever fines on those businesses employing illegal aliens. Requesting businesses and their employees to show proof of legal documentation. Thats where the issue lies doesn't it? They're "taking our jobs"?

Do you realize that a person can actually be stopped MULTIPLE times and asked for documentation in the same day under this law? Do you not see how ridiculous this is?

Comment

Let me ask you this..
              What is your action?
              He wouldn't. He thinks everyone has a right to be here no matter what.

Comment

You place sever fines on those businesses employing illegal aliens. Requesting businesses and their employees to show proof of legal documentation. Thats where the issue lies doesn't it? They're "taking our jobs"?

Do you realize that a person can actually be stopped MULTIPLE times and asked for documentation in the same day under this law? Do you not see how ridiculous this is?
                He didn't ask about employers, he asked about individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                  He didn't ask about employers, he asked about individuals.
                  You know Jack, for someone who is so Anti Government, you sure put a lot of faith in it to execute something like this. You talk about all these injustices all over the world and in America, yet, you support a state that will make it legal for racists people to discriminate with no consequence.

Comment

you're not against racial discrimination because if you weren't so naive, you'd realize that people aren't responsible or educated enough to separate the 2. There WILL be abuses to this power and if you're ok with that, then you are more un-American than those not born here.

80% of serial killers are white. Is it ok to stop every white man between the ages of 30-50 and search their vehicle? The benefit would far outweigh your "convenience".
                    If I look like a serial killer that's on the loose, I would be OK with being stopped.
                    With that said, they would find that I'm not the person they're looking for, and I would get on with my life. That shows affirmative action from the government, and the chances of me being stopped again are slim.
                    According to you, nothing should be done.

And what you're saying is unrealistic, they won't stop every "Mexican" looking person between 30-50. That requires a ridiculous amount of effort & resources. This is trying to make a difference, trying to send a message out there, because crossing the boarder is so unbelievably easy. And I know so because I have Mexican friends that have told me about it.

Comment

While I do applaud Arizona taking a proactive stance on illegal immigration, I do think that 1070 is heavy handed, and will be a clusterfu.ck in terms of enforcement.

Comment

Working...
                      X